1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is MSN/Live Search updating their algorithms?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by maxyRO, Nov 28, 2007.

I had about a month ago for competitive keywords #1 on MSN. Suddenly, all of them dropped and are not even in the first pages. It seems that MSN/Live has on the first page websites with the keyword in the name.
    Or am I wrong?

Have you experienced a drop in this search engine? Why do you think?
    Has the search engine updated their algorithm? And how?

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

maxyRO, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  2. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think MSN is all about new stuff from my experiance, they like new sites, new content, new inbound links, as soon as the new stuff aint new anymore you drop off in that search engine.

I maybe way off the mark but from the experiances I have had thats the imprssion I get.

johneva, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  3. maxyRO

maxyRO Peon

Best Answers:
    I have new links coming in constantly. New content not, but the new links are still coming.
    New sites? All the website that have replaced me are not that new.

maxyRO, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  4. johneva

Best Answers:
    Yeah I am not saying new is the the be all and end all but think thats its area if you know what mean, back when I first started doing SEO work on the sites I do bit of work for they all did really well at the start but then dropped off real bad in MSN but yet I still hold number 1 in the main search terms in Yahoo and do really well in Google.

To be fair I have never been intrested in doing well in MSN as even if your number 1 the traffic sent from MSN is really poor compared to Google and Yahoo, Google is the one I aim for most and then if I do well in other search engines then all the better sort of thing.

johneva, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  5. promomanagers

promomanagers Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Live did update over the last few weeks. Whatever changes they made caused a lot of our links to drop and it took about 4 days for them to build back. To this moment Live is still showing about 5% of the links the other two actively list.

promomanagers, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  6. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think yes... even I have noticed more traffic from Live.....

Minterest, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  7. givancy2002

givancy2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    This happened to me as well, MSN used to rank my site in top 3 position, suddenly it goes nowhere and worse than that: I only have 7 pages remain indexed for that site. It is really strange in past few weeks.

givancy2002, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  8. yooozy

yooozy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sudden drop ! .....it seems weired for me.....maybe they're encouraging fresh websites ;they get you up the first time then put you back at your place

yooozy, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  9. maxyRO

maxyRO Peon

Best Answers:
    But what do you think would get the site back on the first page?

maxyRO, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  10. johneva

Best Answers:
    Just keep doing as you do for all search engines, keep getting new inbound links, adding good content, new pages to make your site larger, optimizing the titles, descriptions, header. Same old same old.

Nobody know what search engines like and dont like for sure its just what people learn from working with them, problem with that is the info you get is not always right, I personally would not worry about 1 search engine and just work on your site as you would normall.

johneva, Dec 4, 2007 IP