1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Incoming links from splogs - what should I do?

Discussion in 'Google' started by mooiness, Nov 21, 2007.

Hey guys.

Lately I've been noticing an increase in spammy blogs linking to individual posts of mine. They all have this structure:
    So-and-so have written this great post: [short excerpt from my post]. Read the rest here. The text "here" is linked to the post.

I've been marking these as spam in my Wordpress installation but what else can I do? Some of them aren't even using Adsense so I can't even report them that way.

I know Google dislikes links from "bad neighbourhoods" so this may go a little towards explaining my drastic PR dropping (along with using TLA) from 4 to 2, and then to zero.

Any ideas on the best course of action?

Thanks.

mooiness, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  2. linkmanager

linkmanager Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmm "bad neighbourhoods"

Where have You read that something like this is BAD :D BTW what You mean "bad neighbourhoods" ??

You have lost PR not for "bad neighbourhoods" I thinkprobably You have sold some links ;)

I lost PR too but only od DIR where I have sold links !!

linkmanager, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  3. mooiness

mooiness Peon

Best Answers:
    mooiness, Nov 22, 2007 IP