High CTR >> Maximizing Payout

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by navro, Nov 30, 2004.

I noticed my impressions dropped ... but a weird thing happened - my CTR for clicks skyrocketed and seems to producing higher earnings..

Anyone else experiencing this trend?

How does one one start delivering high quality traffic >> clicks >> payout then?

Navro

navro, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps the impressions you lost were visitors that didn't click on ads.

caroline, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  3. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    So your CTR went up and your earnings per click went up?
    Did your rankings in the SERPs go up? See this thread.

High quality traffic can be aquired by ranking in the top 5 for the specific keywords you are showing ads for.
    So if PageX is displaying ads for "blue markers" and PageX is ranked as the #1 result for "blue markers" in Google, you will get the best targeted traffic possible. Because the people searching for "blue markers" know what they want and if PageX is the most relevant, according to Google, then you will, in theory get the highest targeted traffic.
    And if a higher payout in AdSense is based on SERP ranking, as theorized in this thread, then you will see a jump in payout per click as well.

Sound good? :cool:

Such Great Heights, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  4. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If he ranked higher in the SERPS, his impressions would increase as well since more traffic is coming to his site.

What may have happened is you have a spammer clicking your ads, or new ads have started to show up that are more relevant.

Infiniterb, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  5. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google may have a effective CTR based on topics. I've noticed both low and high CTR decrease EPC.

dejaone, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  6. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed a similar thing a week or so back for no apparent reason. Weird - I couldn't work it out except to guess that maybe some new well worded and highly relevant ads were being served to my site for a few days....

I've given up trying to explain all the inconsistencies and surprises with Adsense.

oziii, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  7. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my first experience with Adsense, but one thing I did note over the last 5 months now they have been active. The higher the CTR percentage, the larger percentage of $ you get.

So if I have 11K visitors and only 1.5% ctr, I make more than 7 times the money with 2K visitors and 10% CTR. I got stats to back this exact scenario! Why I started a focused effort 3 months ago on targeted traffic Vs. just getting any traffic.

Hope this helps everyone with $ ROI from adsense.

gchaney, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  8. satyenhacks

satyenhacks Active Member

Best Answers:
    it happens...sometimes you can get such rooms...

satyenhacks, Sep 13, 2010 IP