1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ask] bongous.com scam or not?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dr3x, Nov 17, 2007.

Does anyone here have use bongous.com services? is it scam or not? thanks for the review...

dr3x, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  2. kaltera

kaltera Member

Best Answers:
    Any news here ?

kaltera, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  3. TheTrader

TheTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at the Google search results: http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&q=bongous.com&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

I do not see any negative comments on the first or so pages. They are not that well known though.

Also, take a look at domaintools: http://whois.domaintools.com/bongous.com

They are listed in Wikipedia on 2 pages. They do not have a bad Alexa rank. It is registered to:

turnbull, craig
    32 haviland st
    norwalk, Connecticut 06854
    United States

The domain is registered from year to year.

TheTrader, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  4. bizman911

bizman911 Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful with Bongous !!!

Here is my bad exprience with this service:

They provide USA Mail Forward service and because i'm not an American so this service is useful for me to buy stuffs that just sell in USA, I signed up and provide the USPS 1583 form and everthing is just fine at the beginning.

Once I got the first package from one of my friend in USA (the sender) who use his Credit Card to buy stuff from an online shop, this service try to obtain the Credit Card information and ID of my friend by request him need to send those informations to their Email support if not they will return the stuff to the online shopping and you can image : I lost the fee for return shipping, the online shopping site can't sell the stuff that they sold, my friend lost fee on chargeback. So before sign up with this service if you're outside USA you need to obtain the USA Credit Card (it's impossible) or you will have the problem like me, but if you accept their policy who know what they do with Scans of Credit Card and ID of your friend, your cousin, your partner,... So try to stay away them if you don't want lost money for nothing.

bizman911, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  5. Bongo International

Bongo International Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your interest in Bongo International. Bongo International is not a scam.

We are an international mail and parcel forwarding service which provides a USPS Personal Mail Box (PBM) to international consumers that would like to shop with US retailers. We offer consolidation services which greatly reduce the expense of international shipping.

Our international consolidation calculator can help you understand how these savings are achieved:
    http://www.bongous.com/consolidation_calculator.php

Below is a link to our international shipping rates:
    http://www.bongous.com/shipping_cost_calculator.php

If you have any questions about our service we have live chat.
    http://www.bongous.com/chat.php

To address the comment from bizman911, our policy is to request documentation for items that are not purchased by the account holder which prevents users who have provided valid payment information to us from defrauding other businesses. International credit card fraud costs the US economy 3.6 billion a year according to CyberSource. This policy has prevented the defrauding of many companies by individuals who were attempting to abuse the services we provide.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Bongo International

Bongo International, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  6. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Any reviews with them? I'm expecting to sign up here pretty soon.

webwork, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  7. puper

puper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful with Bongous !!

puper, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  8. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    :D lol never get involved with a business if they come to forums and try to advertise or show how legit after you mention their name in the forum.

los angeles seo experts

phpwnes, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  9. eastbiz

eastbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    eastbiz, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  10. Dr Googler

Dr Googler Banned

Best Answers:
    be very carefull with them, i have seen many bad buyers

Dr Googler, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  11. pratik2605

pratik2605 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think first of all you should call them and make some clarification,and then do some search on www.google.com

more than 75000 free softwares only at www.downloadsquare.com |No need to register

pratik2605, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  12. Energy jobs

Energy jobs Peon

Best Answers:
    From the information provided , I have reviewed the causes of the delay. On 2 occasions, primarily due to human error, the instructions to mak a collection were not communicated to the on-road Courier. As you were aware, on the third occasion a shortfall of resource was cited as the reason for the failed collection attempt.The explanation is frankly unacceptable and you have every reason to expect better from our company. Attempts to recover the situation could have been made in each case. had our partner operation in Ireland advised our Customer Service team. They did not, and I understand that this only added to your frustration.

Energy jobs, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  13. qszheng

qszheng Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, TheTrader

qszheng, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  14. bille

bille Peon

Best Answers:
    bille, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  15. vetzkov

vetzkov Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as my research goes they are scam

vetzkov, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  16. joetraveler

joetraveler Guest

Best Answers:
    Try www.shipito.com. They have the best prices by far, sometimes half or more off Bongous. They are very fast and reliable, and offer a real US mailbox.

joetraveler, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  17. loveusfashion

loveusfashion Peon

Best Answers:
    Great forum, I wanted to mention that a lot of these site offering mail forwarding are usually based in China and using PO box themselves to get a US Address, the example of bongous is a good one, they have a PMB (private Mail Box) address which means that they have a PO box, this is the number they use on the second line. They should use PMB and the number PMB XXX but they are clever, they do not use the word PMB! Buyer be aware!
    I read a lot of bad stuff about these fly by night companies that is why I use the services of a true US company based in Boston and called myuspostoffice.com. They help me consolidate all the dresses and shoes, and so far so good. I just wanted to let you know about them and share my experience.

Jess London

loveusfashion, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  18. Xperiment

Xperiment Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i have used their services and they are very costly. but since 2 years i am using viaddress which are much cheaper that myus and bongos. and they fast too. items are shipped in 2-3 days with no issue and they are always in excellent conditions. i would highly recommend viaddress this is their link
    http://viaddress.com/

Xperiment, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  19. Tara_j

Tara_j Peon

Best Answers:
    KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
    1- They are the most expensive
    2- They do not answer inquiries
    3- They are after your money the service is lousy and beware once they have your credit card number hey can fix you up-
    STAY AWAY STAY AWAY they are the spotted dog of this business...

Tara_j, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  20. ScottJohnson20

ScottJohnson20 Peon

Best Answers:
    This company is NOT a scam, however it is expensive as hell.

I ordered 3 shirts that weren't available in Canada for $19.99USD each. The website I ordered it from offered free shipping. So the total price was around $65 bucks. They shipped it to my BongoUS address, and I had it shipped to my house in Canada.

They charged me $71.18CAD for shipping. For 3 shirts. Weighed less than 5 pounds. Another time I ordered 2 pairs of custom Nike shoes.. total price was like $250. Granted those boxes were bigger than the t-shirt package, however they charged me $89.56CAD. Thank God I wasn't paying for these charges (we ordered it through work)... But still, it's a ripoff.

However, other than their prices, their customer service is pretty damn good. The live chat people know their stuff, and they solved our problem pretty quickly.

In the end, I wouldn't recommend it. Yeah, so use the other sites recommended above.

ScottJohnson20, Jan 12, 2010 IP