1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Flash Game script??

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by best-p4u, Feb 1, 2006.

As subject..

Thanks a lot

best-p4u, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  2. Bean

Bean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bean, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  3. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    I have had dealings with both entities. You're going to want to get phparcadescript. The licensing is much less restrictive, and the databases of games you will see for sale on DP are always for phparcade. gamesitescript is priced higher and requires you to pay $25 for the right to remove the link to their site at the bottom of every page on your site. Their customer service isn't that great either.

Greg-J, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  4. best-p4u

best-p4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies

:D

best-p4u, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    greg has his point! In fact, i'm very dissapointed with gamescriptsite. Their script is full of bug. Although i have some experience in PHP and mysql, I still find very hard to fix the bug. Now, my site is still full of bug..
    Do NOT get their game licence.. If only I have asked member's suggetion here before rushing to buy their script, i would have save almost 100US$!!!

toby, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  6. aspidov

aspidov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for. $25 is a pocket change.

aspidov, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  7. mehbooba

mehbooba Peon

Best Answers:
    get your money back....

http://www.gamesitescript.com/mbg.html

mehbooba, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  8. mehbooba

mehbooba Peon

Best Answers:
    i recommend phparcadescript without hesitation.. it does everything that GSS does.... very cleanly written script.... great support.... and easily customisable..... all for fraction of what GSS costs.

mehbooba, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  9. fiveniner

fiveniner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to jump into the post like this. But just wondering do they sell game packs or we can just add game packs from GSS ?? Also who do you find and add new games into the inventory?

any ideas

Thank you

fiveniner, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  10. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I probably shouldnt say this because i guess its partially out of self interest, but its also partially for your benefit.

The arcade market is completely flooded.

Its that simple.

Unless you can come up with something unique..or you can feed a couple of really high traffic sites into it..your going to struggle.

Ive spoken to people with arcades getting 10k + uniques a day...and they say the writing is on the wall for the overwhelming majority of arcades out there.

People using the same games, the same format..its all been done a thousand times before.

Im going to do some unique stuff with mine...and work up a "really" nice template to seperate maxi from everyone else, but its gonna cost me a tonne to do it..thats a given.

All im saying is just pause for a minute and take a look around at the landscape. Certainly if your going to do it...Id advise against spending big money up front..unless you can back that up with big money ongoing as well. phparcadescript might be a good choice in that instance because both GS and GSS are pricey. (Im using GS myself atm)

Just my 0.02 cents. :)

Nerz, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  11. forgetmenot

forgetmenot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually my main purpose here is to promote my service: 1200 game database with description/title/category. Just check this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=61217

--
    However, I would also like to response to Nerz's post about the arcade market is completely flooded.

I think as marketeers, we have to look at the case from a different perspective. To the site owners, we obviously know that they are 1,000s of similar sites out there. However, to the users, they will not be able to know this. If they are searching for an Arcade site, and they are happy with the speed, games, etc, they will probably register/bookmark and stay with you for some time before they spend time searching for another site to replace you.

It is more of how you (1) get the user to visit you for the first time, (2) make the user register and bookmark you in their first visit, and finally (3) provide some services to them constantly so that they will stay with you instead of getting a similar site to replace yours.

In this sense, there is always opportunities in the market.

forgetmenot, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  12. zzb

zzb Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks as though each game needs to be entered manually on phparcadescript. I am looking for an example installer.php file that I can use to auto load files from a game pack that will work in vBulletin and I guess using one of these scripts. Can anyone share the contents of an example install.php file with me. I want to modify it for use with my flash game pack for users of vBulletin and perhaps phparcadescript.

zzb, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  13. voltgames

voltgames Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the fact that the arcade market is flooded with sites. However, if you want return traffic (which is the most important thing), you should definitely get a different layout to the default script layout.
    You should also try to add as many different games as you can - not all of them from game packs or databases, because most people will have them too.
    There are a few free arcade scripts, such as AV Arcade, which can also be interesting if you want to get started.

voltgames, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  14. forgetmenot

forgetmenot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have work with Flash Game Script since August or September, and I think they are providing the most free templates. I also sell sites with unique designs done by designer from round the world and they sell well. So I think I agreed a unique design is the way to go :)

forgetmenot, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  15. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bought http://www.phparcadescript.com script yesterday. Installed and configured. The script is very simple and so far there were no bugs, but you have to do some major HTML editing if you want to tweak the appearance of the site.

I would recommend this script to anyone. It is well worth 30USD.

My site is at http://www.GamesCraze.info

baumann93, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  16. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I agree , I run several arcades with phpas and there is no problems at all ever

Scott ( owner of phpas ) is one of the best when it comes to customer service :)

sundaybrew, Dec 16, 2006 IP
    Pammer likes this.
  17. Thermit

Thermit Peon

Best Answers:
    Thermit, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  18. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i bought myonlinearacde acript for 40$ - it pretty sweet: heres the site im using it with:
    www.megaonlinegames.net
    im going to try the phparacdescript for my other arcade :)

roy77, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  19. Johnny Doomo

Johnny Doomo Banned

Best Answers:
    Johnny Doomo, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  20. mastersite

mastersite Active Member

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend phparcadescript. Been using their script for months and i find the most advanced and well written script ive used.

You will find a lot of unique features with phparcadescript that you won't find anywhere else.

Plus you can team it up with a template from www.arcadetwist.com

mastersite, Jan 14, 2007 IP