1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Letters to Google

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Greg-J, Feb 1, 2006.

Hi guys,

It's taken awhile for me to think of a good way to give back with all the help I've received here, and I finally got it.

I registered and developed http://www.adsensebits.com/ to be an archive of letters containing information relative to Google AdSense coming straight from Google themselves, with a section for people to submit their emails as well. Along with some useful links.

There will be no ads, popups, tracking cookies etc,. on the site ever. It's not meant to generate income or build a network. The niche is too saturated and I'm smart enough to know I know too little to compete.

I just figured with all the speculation, it'd be nice to have a site with factual information.

Any suggestions would be great as well.

If you have some suggestions on how to get the word out there, please let me know. And if you have a site that is complementary, PM me and we can exchange links.

Greg-J, Feb 1, 2006 IP
    pgiddy likes this.
  2. loopy62

loopy62 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great idear you have there. I hope it takes off. Your site is now in my bookmark.

loopy62, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You do realize that anyone that reprints an email sent from Google violates the TOS right. I'm not sure if they would look up your whois information and link it to your AdSense account but be careful.

Certainly don't link to contributors sites as they may find their own accounts banned.

yfs1, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  4. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    Could you please point me to this, as I cannot find any such reference. I believe you, I just cannot find this reference.

None of these emails have been designated confidential by Google. I also find it hard to believe that Google would NOT want this information publicly available as the knowledge within these emails can help someone to make educated decisions that in turn with facilitate the ability to maintain the integrity of the program. Which is why we're not allowed to discloes things like CTR in the first place.

I would be appreciative if you could reference it though. In the meantime I will contact Google on the matter.

Greg-J, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  5. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks very good but if its against the TOS you really need to watch your self about this one..

Good luck :)

BuildHome, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  6. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    I agree. I have already sent an email to the AdSense team. I will surely know sometime today. They're great about responses, and it's important to build a rapport with them.

Greg-J, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Why not paraphrase the letters so there is no question of the Confidentiality clause in the TOS?

I like the idea of your site (not trying to be negative, just giving potential issues)

If you get a positive response from AdSense, make sure to post it as that in itself would be a good letter to start your site off with.

Cheers

yfs1, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  8. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    I understand your position, and believe me; I appreciate the objectivity. I value my AdSense account a great deal, and the nature of the site warrants asking this question simply by nature I think. You raise a good point, and I thank you for that. I will definitely update the site one way or the other when I get a response.

I will update this thread as well.

Greg-J, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  9. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Good luck with the site, it looks like a great idea.

I thought I also remembered that publishing emails from Google was against the TOS, but after looking through it I couldn't find anything specific.

tlainevool, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  10. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I could see how it could be useful, a site like this encourages "canned" responses from Google.

If I was a Google employee, knowing that my reply could be reposted on a site like yours (word-for-word along with my name) makes me want to write very brief, general (i.e. safe) replies to people's queries

Liminal, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  11. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    Point taken. I think it might be a safer bet to sum up the emails and disclude the names than post everything verbatim. I will implement this later today. Thank you all for your input.

Greg-J, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  12. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    From Google:

They do state "to date". So I will continuousely make this request in order to keep my rear in the clear.
    Full article at http://www.adsensebits.com/node/18

Greg-J, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  13. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is in the wrong forum. It belongs in the website review forum. Besides that, the website seems kinda pointless when you can just go to the official google adsense website.

IamNed, Feb 6, 2006 IP
    pgiddy likes this.
  14. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the thread is in the right forum, its about a new AdSense resource. I believe the idea of the site is to answer questions NOT found at the Google website.

tlainevool, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  15. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    Considering it's been here for quite some time, and nobody with green rep has said anything about; I think it's in exactly the right place. I'm not trying to pimp some site with ads on it. I'm simply trying to give something back, so please; Troll some other thread.

As to the point of the site, it has merit. There are many questions not clearly answered in the TOS. And many that are answered incorrectly. Take the AdSense in iframes example. 99% of the forum posts say that it's O.K. to use an iframe to target ads. A letter to AdSense clearly states this is a no-no. And personally, I trust a letter from AdSense over a forum post.

Greg-J, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  16. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont see your site being that successful nor very useful in the long haul. JMHO

IamNed, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  17. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    Well now that I have your official opinion, I can shut it down knowing it won't help anyone. And I would, since you're obviously such a well respected member of DP. Unfortunately in the 3 weeks it's existed, I've had 17 emails telling me that it's a good idea, and 3 of them telling me it helped them remove a method of displaying AdSense on their site that was not in compliance with the AdSense TOS.

It's really not their to become part of my portfolio. It's just a site to help the occasional person who stumbles across it.

I do thank you for your ever-so-valued opinion though :rolleyes:

Greg-J, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  18. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a really good idea! Good luck :)

BuildHome, Feb 6, 2006 IP
    Greg-J likes this.
  19. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I'm hoping to get some more letters, but people who actually write to AdSense to find useful information are either few-and-far-between, or aren't sending them to me ;)

Greg-J, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  20. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good concept for a site. Well done!

Notting, Feb 6, 2006 IP
    Greg-J likes this.