1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

There is such a thing as Adsense Quality Score!. Most people just dont know about it!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by josh25, Nov 9, 2007.

Most people have no idea that this even exists. Yes, there is a quality score for Adsense as well – not just for Adwords. If your site has a low AQS (Adsense Quality Score), then it will be “smartpriced” and you will get paid less for the clicks your site generates.

1. Don't build link farms or spam networks. You can get away with it for a while but sooner or later you will start getting less per click through Google's discounting mechanism.

2. Add some "related keywords" on your page - LSI or Latent Semantic Indexing has been all the rage lately. For example, for the term "Dating", you can keywords like "pick up artist'. Google basically wants to see pages where the content looks natural and is "how you talk".

3. Use Terms of service and privacy policy links on your page. Yes, this can result in a higher Adsense quality score. Do it.

4. Try to keep your visitor on your page longer. Why do you think Google created the Google toolbar? So they can spy on you - read their terms of service. It's also about "people rank" - which means what do real people think about your site. The longer people stay in your site, the more Google determines they are interested in your content. You can further improve your Adsense Quality Score in this way by adding a YouTube video to your site. If it's interesting, many people will stick around and, while the video plays, they can check out your Adsense ads.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

josh25, Nov 9, 2007 IP
    Blackmane likes this.
  2. Blackmane

Blackmane Peon

Best Answers:
    Some cool tips.
    Number one is obvious, you can only play with fire for a short time before you get burned.
    Personally point two is another obvious one. Don't try to "trick" the search engine. Just write like you would talk, or write like you would want people to read it. Packing the content with keywords may only be good for a short time, but again you might get burned.
    Number 3, many people don't read the TOS, and it is very specific on various points. If you adherer to the rules, hopefully google will realize this and reward you. Similar to point 1 and 2.
    I've not header of the people rank. I don't use the Google toolbar, simply because it is again, Google doing more spying. I'll have to do a bit more research on the score, and see if I can improve mine.

Good ideas.

Blackmane, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  3. josh25

josh25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Point number 1, true, never play with fire, Google is a multi billion dollar business. They will catch you sooner or later. Point number 2 doesn't really tells you to pack your content with keywords, but simply to include 'related' keywords and simply add content based on those keywords using your own words. Go the extra mile. Be natural in your content. Point 3, the TOS and Privacy Policy isn't exactly for the visitors to read unless you want them to or they want to for that matter of course!; it's just a fact that things like TOS, privacy policy, about us, contact pages, etc improves your quality score with Google. Also on the plus side, it would make your site appear more authoritative - that certainly wouldn't hurt!. And personally. i don't use the Google tool bar either, but if you do, do all that you can to make your page interesting with valuable content and try adding a related youtube video about your subject, it would definitely help.

josh25, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  4. cri8bat

cri8bat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great post!!!
    tkx for sharing the tip :D

cheers

cri8bat, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  5. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I knew this but Thanks for sharing that for newbies.

godmode, Nov 9, 2007 IP