1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with a life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Laceygirl, Oct 24, 2007.

Not to go all negative here, but I feel it's time to get a chance to express myself now that I've been around for awhile on a deeper level. Also, I'm curious to know what others can say on the topic.......

The satisfaction of life::(

I've been feeling a lot of pressure for the last couple of years. I'm turning 27yrs old in Nov and I'm not too happy about it. When I was a kid I was sure that I would do something special when I'm older. Do something that would be an experience of a lifetime or maybe a career with meaning. I didn't fit in with pretty much anyone and now I still don't. Luckly I can fake it and blend while I watch everyone be all the same. Robots at work. Everyday they just get up, go to work, go home, fill their spare time with mild hobbies, and aimless activities and then follow that ritual over and over again until their life is over.

I look outside and the police system is run like a profiting business. No cops ever around until the 25th to the 31st on the highway to target people getting off of work to give their tickets. They gotta get their quota. I never bothered to call them in any emergency in the past. You couldn't really depend on him. THe hospitals and doctors arn't much better. Their answer for everything is "it's because you smoke" or "Here's a pill, TAKE IT(I make money from it).
    Everywhere I look is so unsatisfying. Sometimes I feel like the Gov't would cut my head off if it was worth a million dollars. My house is worth 64,000 but by the end of the morgage they will have taken more than double of that.

I have a problem with being able to see the satisfaction of people and myself. Is anyone really satisfied or are they just numb to that feeling so it doesn't bother them. Is there anyone who actually gets the career and job they really want?

I know I havn't. I've been trying to go over business after business idea's to try to get away from the fate of a regular "ritual" life like the others but I'm tired.

I'm tired of watching a movie and seeing a role that I like and thinking "man, I wish I could've played that role, I would've been great.
    I'm tired of listening to a really good song and thinking "Some people were born with a voice and I wish it was me, I would've loved to perform something so great like this".

Today I work at some regualar manufacturing plant where the pretty ladies suck up and get promoted, and the company profits mass amounts, excites the workers when high promising systems which actually screw the employee's over more than help. The type of plant where the more you do, the more is expectations go up.

No many really pay attention to it. It's like they are "numb" to being able to figure out that this company is just a bunch of unfair crooks. But then again, it's not any differant than the last 12 places I worked at.

Most of the time I think of the following line

"What's really the point to try for satisfaction?"

Any thought on the topic?

Laceygirl, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  2. Brett Gian

Brett Gian Banned

Best Answers:
    Well thought, Keep it up!

Brett Gian, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  3. Kel

Kel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well Im glad Im not the only one that thinks that way!

Life gets everyone down sometimes and its really hard to learn to not expect so much.

I agree with you about the doctor thing. Ive been to my doctor many times over the years and each time he's given me the same prescription!

I often wonder what the meaning of life is. Working, eating and sleeping gets a bit monotonous!

Im going to be cliche now - "Life is what you make of it"

Bahahaha!

Kel, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  4. janneke

janneke Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ow you do sounds a litle depressed. But remember life has ups and downs and tho you may be in a down right now, it will go up someday. It's what you make of it.

janneke, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  5. Indian_Webmaster

Indian_Webmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    What to do with a life? Just Forgot all the depressing thing, Keep Enjoying and try to put your interest in everything...

Life is for struggle and must go on...

Indian_Webmaster, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  6. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know there's ups and downs but I struggle with having a reason to bother to get a better job or career.

Think of it this way:
    -Bill Gates spends years running around giving away money because he has too much.
    -Movie stars are unhappy with their popularity and end up with mental problems like michael jackson.
    -Singers often get addicted to drinking and drugs.
    -all big company owners are demanding more profit margins.
    -Beautiful women have troubles finding guys with the guts to ask them to dance at a club.
    -Guys with their favorite 400hp 70's Dodge Charger R/T spend 3 extra hours in their garage working on it when it runs good.
    -Paris hilton doesn't want to be rich, it's not enough. She has to try out acting, singing, modeling, and having her own clothing line.

"Is there ever a point that's enough for people?"

"It's what you make of it"

I really can't stand that line. It's like saying "You have cancer and are dying".......No wait you don't have cancer and you are going to live forever or "your daughter is a dirty prostitute.......No wait, she's actually a upstanding individual who provides excellent services to people who are happy to deal with her".

It's not what you make of it. This line kind of messes with the fact of "reality".
    (no, I don't have cancer or a daughter, they were examples)

Laceygirl, Oct 24, 2007 IP