1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Pics Of My Relegion :) Must See

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bordello, Oct 21, 2007.

Hello
    I Am Posting Here Some Pictures Of My Relegion :)Please Dont Make It Funny
    ===========================================================
    Sikhs are followers of Sikhism, an Indian religion that originated in the Punjab in northwest India. In 1995, India had approximately 18.7 million Sikhs, 1.9% of the population. Small communities of Sikhs also exist in the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Malaysia, and East Africa.

The movement was founded in the Punjab by Guru Nanak (1469-1539), who sought to combine Hindu and Muslim elements in a single religious creed. He taught "the unity of God, brotherhood of man, rejection of caste and the futility of idol worship." He was followed by nine masters, the last of whom was Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708; guru 1675-1708), who involved his followers in an unsuccessful martial struggle against Mogul rule.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bordello, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  2. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bordello, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great pictures thanks for the information :)

britishguy, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  4. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Great looking temple:cool:

Toopac, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That Is Not Only A Temple,That IS A "Golden Temple"
    It Is Made Of Gold:) And Very Relegious Place :)

Thanks

bordello, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:

That's the second most famous Historical place after Taj Mahal in India.

mafostedu, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  7. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep i know it's in Amritsar:)

Toopac, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  8. nickstan

nickstan Peon

Best Answers:
    great pics, but I was wondering what is the sword signify as in Sikhism?

nickstan, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some More...
    ===================================================================================
    [​IMG]

Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji is one of the revered warriors in Sikh history. He was the leader of Shaheeda'n Misl under the forces of Taruna Dal. He sacrificed his life avenging the destruction of Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar by the forces of Ahmad Shah Abdali.

Baba Deep Singh's story begins in Amritsar, the city that houses Harmandir Sahib, the Sikh shrine that occupies a very special place in the hearts of Sikhs, for it is here that most of the holy tenets were propounded, propagated and enlarged.

In 1609, Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji established the Sri Akal Takht Sahib - the Eternal Throne - opposite the Darbar Sahib, and it was on this throne that he sat wearing the two swords of Miri and Piri - temporal and spiritual power. From here he propounded the doctrine of Double Sovereignty, adding a new dimension to the Sikh way of life and attaching greater importance to the Holy city.

Later, when the Sikhs were locked in a life and death struggle against the might of the Afghans and the Mughals, it was at Sri Akal Takht Sahib that all important decisions were taken. It was here that the strategy was discussed and then carried out. For this alone, Harmandir Sahib and the city of Amritsar had been the object of aggression by these two powers. They were convinced that the Sikhs derived their legendary strength and valour from this place. To neutralise the one race that stood in their way to the total domination of the Indian subcontinent, they tried time and again to demolish the shrine - albeit with little success. With indomitable courage, the Sikhs thwarted every such design.

From Hari Singh Nalwa to Shaheed Gen. Shubeg Singh, Sikhs boast of some of the most famous generals in the history of mankind. One among this line of martial genuises was Baba Deep Singh, whose Tricentenary was celebrated in January 1982.

In 1757, the Afghan Ahmed Shah Durrani invaded Hindustan. He plundered Delhi, Agra and Mathura and, on his way back, kidnapped thousands of innocent women to be transported to Afghanistan. In a daring raid, the Sikhs managed to save many of the hapless women. In retribution, Durrani turned his army back from Lahore to lay seige on the city of Amritsar. In an unequal battle, his hordes razed the city to the ground and massacred its entire populace. Worse, they desecrated the Harmandir Sahib by slaughtering cows on the premises and throwing their carcasses in the Sarovar (Holy Tank). That was his big mistake.

Outraged, the Sikhs sought revenge and in stepped Baba Deep Singh, Jathedar of Misl Shaheeda'n, and Tarna Dal, the most respected soldier of his time, who was then living in Damdama (Bhatinda District).

The scion of a devout Gursikh family of the village of Pohoo in Amritsar District, Baba Deep Singh was born in 1682. He was baptised in Anandpur by Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself. He also had the opportunity to imbibe the finest traditions of Sikhism in the Tenth Master's own backyard. He became well-versed not only in Sikh scriptures but also in the martial arts - qualities that made him the Guru's constant companion on hunting trips.

In 1704, Guru Sahib Ji left Anandpur Sahib for Damdama Sahib and had Deep Singh summoned to assist Bhai Mani Singh in calligraphing a new copy of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Nine months later, when Guru Gobind Singh left for the Deccan, he assigned Baba Deep Singh the task of preparing more copies of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. He was also instructed to propagate the Sikh faith.

When Banda Singh Bahadur (Bhai Gurbakhsh Singh) was instructed by the Guru to raise an army in 1708, Baba Deep Singh Ji joined him with a large number of Sikhs from Malwa, and played a very heroic role in all the battles fought by the Sikhs for the next seven years. In 1715 after a disagreement with Banda Singh Bahadur on the issue of basic Sikh tenets, he returned to Damdama Sahib to resume missionary work.

Three decades later, when the news of Durrani's outrage reached him, Baba Deep Singh was enraged and he vowed to avenge the sacrilegious act and uphold the sanctity of Harmandir Sahib. Unmindful of the consequences, he made known his resolve to go to Amritsar to redeem the honour of the Golden Temple. He was over 75.

Inspired by his example, about 2,000 braves joined his morcha crusade.'He cut across the sandy tracts to reach Tarn Taran via Harike. En route, his force swelled, as hundreds of the faithful joined him. In Tarn Taran, he had 5,000 men under his command.

Meanwhile, the armies of Tahmas Beg Khan and Jahan Khan had blockaded Amritsar. This only deepened the Sikh resolve. They performed Ardas, and adopting 'kamikaze' tactics, took on the might of the Afghan army. Though outnumbered, they fought a do-or-die battle at Golwar and put the enemy to rout. The Afghans, however, regrouped and, along with the reinforcements provided by Haji Atal Khan, attacked the Sikhs while they were still some way short of Amritsar. In this second battle, Baba Deep Singh's head was severed when a sword blow cut through his neck. Through the power of Amrit, the venerable Baba Ji managed to hold on to his head with one hand and continued to scythe his way through the enemy ranks till he reached the precincts of the Darbar Sahib, where he laid his severed head.

Soon thereafter, the Sikhs, under the two Jassa Singhs - Ahluwalia and Ramgarhia - avenged the martyrdom of Baba Deep Singh. In 1758, they defeated the Afghans. The first thing they did was to rebuild the Holy Temple and clean the Sarovar.

When Durrani invaded the Punjab again in 1762, he gave vent to his wrath by once again demolishing the Harmandir and polluting the Holy tank with bovine blood. This time he even took Guru Granth Sahib Ji away to Kabul. He had barely reached his Capital when the Sikhs regrouped and crushed the Afghans. The Afghans were made to do penance by cleaning the Sarovar and rebuilding the Temple they had destroyed.

10. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This Is Not Only A Sword......It Is A Religious Sword,Every Person Who Adopts Sikhism ,Must keep Sword With Himself,There Are 5 Things Which Should Every Sikh Keep With him:-

1.)Kanga----->It Means Comb
    2.)Kashera--->It A Kind Of Innerwear Which Every Sikh Should Wear
    3.)Kesh------>It Means Every Sikh Should Not Cut His Hair
    4.)Kirpan----->It Is A Kind Of Sword
    5.)kara------>It Is Round iron This Which Every Sikh Wears In His Hand

Thanks

11. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @bordello is that temple gold plated or built with massive gold?

iul, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. bordello

bordello Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First Of All This Temple If around 400 Years Old;)This Temple Was Made By Sikh Gurus With Holly Bricks:)After That It Was Covered With Sheets Of Gold :)......

Many NRI Peoples Visit This Temple :)

Thanks

If Any One Here Wishes To Visit This Temple,Please Let Me Know,I Will Guide All About Our Relegion And All The Problems Faced By Sikhs To Save Our Relegion

Thanks

13. vaideswaran

vaideswaran Banned

Best Answers:
    Awesome photos! Great pictures! Its inspiring one. Thank you Bordello for letting us know about Golden Temple and its significance.

vaideswaran, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have actually visited the Golden temple when I was in India. It is an interesting place. :)

gworld, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  15. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome thread, I love hearing about smaller religions from the followers as opposed to textbooks...

The only thing I know about Sihks, is what I remember from my world religions course; that Sihks are the more peaceful of the Indian religions (as opposed to Hindu and Islam)... I might be way off, but that's what sticks out in my head...

tarponkeith, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sikh huh? We have a gudwara real close to where I live...they are nice people.

d16man, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  17. Software_outsourcing

Software_outsourcing Peon

Best Answers:
    Peaceful yes , but the most daring people. Sikhs have made many supreame sacrifices to save the honour of their land especially from MUSLIM invaders and rulers.

Software_outsourcing, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  18. Software_outsourcing

Software_outsourcing Peon

Best Answers:
    Some more information about Sikhs :
    SIKH ninth Guru, Sri Guru Teg Bahadarji came forward,in response to a request of some Kashmir Pandits to fight against all these cruel activities. Guruji told the Mughal emperor that if he could succeed in converting him to Islam, all the Hindus would accept the same. But, if he failed, he should stop all those activities .
    The Mughal emperor happily agreed to that but even after lots of torture to Guruji and his fellow members he failed to convert him to Islam and Guruji along with his other four fellow members, were tortured and sacrificed their lives in Chandni Chowk. Since the Mughals were unable to convert them to Islam they were assassinated.
    Thus Guruji sacrificed his life for the protection of Hindu religion. Can anybody lay down his life and that too for the protection of another religion? This is the reason he is still remembered as 'Hind Ki Chaddar', shield of India.
    For the sake of whom he had sacrificed his life, none of the them came forward to lift his body, fearing that they would also be assassinated Seeing this incident the 10th Guruji, Sri Guru Gobind Singhji (Son of Guru Teg Bahadarji) founder of khalsa made a resolution that hewould convert hisfollowers to such human beings who would not be able to hide themselves and could be easily located in thousands. At the start, the Sikhs were very few in numbers as they were fighting against the Mughal emperors.
    Some years later the two children of Guru Gobind Singh, Zorawar Singh and Fateh Singh, were presented in the court of the viceroy. Wazir Khan reflected that if the children became Mohammadans, it would be a glory to his faith- Islam. He, therefore, told them that if they accepted Islam, he would grant them an estate, would marry them to the princesses and they would be happy and be honored by the Emperor. The nine years old Zorawar Singh replied," Our grandfather, Guru Tegh Bahadur, parted with his head but not with his religion and he ordered us to follow his example. It is best that we should give our lives to save the Sikh religion and bring down God's vengeance on the Turks," continued Zorawar Singh,"O viceroy, I spurn your religion and will not part with my own. It has become the custom of our family to forfeit life rather than faith. Why do you seek to tempt us with worldly ambitions? We shall not be led astray by the false advantages of your offer."

'Its easy to joke on a Sardar, but It's too difficult to be a Sardar'

Software_outsourcing, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  19. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice pics and great info dude.I was not knowing all this even though i am sikh.

getjimmy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Indira Gandhi will agree with you. :D

Sikhs mostly are known to be the proud warriors and they were one of the reason that England gave up on India since so many Sikhs were trained as soldiers during WWII and could make the life a hell for the English.

gworld, Oct 22, 2007 IP