1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't login to my account !

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by eclipse, Nov 16, 2004.

Hi,

I Can't login to my account my site is nieruchomosci.biz.pl

eclipse, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    All your accounts were suspended because most of your sites were cloaking (displaying ads only for the validator).

digitalpoint, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  3. eclipse

eclipse Peon

Best Answers:
    This is strange,

Go to one of my site for example www.polifoniczne.org and it should be ok !!

-----

OK, it was my mistate. I have forud the problem. Some of my sites are using template systems. The ad_network.php was only included when the user strong had "bot" in it. I'm going to fix it now.

eclipse, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually, it didn't have anything to do with user agent. It was being cloaked based on IP address. Identical user agents from different IP addresses yielded different results. The page was identical except that ads only displayed if it was the IP address of the primary validation server.

5. eclipse

eclipse Peon

Best Answers:
    Can You send me the list of sites with this problem. Some site are displaying copp ads without any problem. Can You please also revalidate my sites. I changed the template system code, so it should be ok now.

eclipse, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would talk to whoever setup the ad network on those sites, they should be able to tell you which ones they are cloaking on and which ones they are not.

7. eclipse

eclipse Peon

Best Answers:
    Just spoke with my php coder and yes, he cloaked the ads on some sites ;/. He didn't want our competitors to see what are we using for backlinks.

Sorry for this !. He thought the network was for the SEBots only, so he cloaked the ads for normal users, but they where displayed for SEBots.

We will setup the network again on our sites, so that everyting will be OK. I just hope we will not get banned, because the coop ad network is just Great !!. Once again i'm verry sorry for what we did.

Going to sleep now it's 0:45 ....

BTW. i never received any e-mail that my account was suspended.

eclipse, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, as I said before, it was *not* being cloaked for bots only... the exact same user agent from different IP addresses was checked. In fact, a normal user's user agent used from the validation server showed ads, and a "bot" user agent from the non-validation server was not showing ads. So it was completely being cloaked based on IP address.

Which means it was setup specifically to spoof the validator based on the IP address it uses. Using the IP address of the validation server, ads showed. Using any other IP address, they did not show... regardless of the user agent.

You did not receive an email that you account was suspended because none was sent. Sites that are manually dropped from the network for cheating are not notified.

9. eclipse

eclipse Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, i admit it. Some sites were cloaking the IP adress of your server, but not all.

So is there nothing we cen do to get back to the network ? Not all my sites were cloaked and when they were the ads were still visable to the bots here you can see it in google cache: http://www.google.pl/search?q=cache...yczny/jan-serce/25543+site:mms.gongi.pl&hl=pl

I'd realy like to get back to the network.

eclipse, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry, cloaking of any kind (especially by IP address) will result in all your sites being banned from the network.

digitalpoint, Nov 17, 2004 IP