1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reviewing a page within a blink of an eye

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by cormac, Jan 16, 2006.

cormac, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  2. siteprocentral

siteprocentral Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder how much this has to do with good color use and design principles like balance and focal point. Because that's about all you can see in that short of a time.

So in my opinion it's a valid study but even if the site looks like a plie of manure and the content is what the user is looking for, they'll still hang around. A study like this cannot proove anything about content. and a website is a mix of many different contributing factors

siteprocentral, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
  4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I can agree to that as I'll hang around if it provides me with the content I am looking for, couldnt care about the how the site looks. What drives me away and keeps me away is pop-ups, I hate them :mad:

cormac, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  5. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if a site looks decent, you do wanna stay.

However, I really can't stand sites that look like crap and please please I hate animated gifs especially annoying ones that reapeat over and over again.

When I site looks ugly, I sometime question the source of information.

Skinny

Skinny, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  6. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there is that too but I think it all depends on the topic of information being provided, well for me to question its source - I find this with SEO sites that have bad designs :rolleyes:

cormac, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  7. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is the link to the original article at Nature:

http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060109/full/060109-13.html

I have found that I definitely respond quickly to websites. If I am just browsing, I can be driven away quickly. I have always put it down to uninteresting content, but this suggests my gut reaction is playing a bigger role than my logical appraisal.

It cannot hurt to ask for immediate reaction to a design . . . instead of a reasoned one.

Sad to sasy, but my existing sites would have benefitted from a quicker review

clancey, Jan 17, 2006 IP