1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika November Audits Delayed

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by usedmac, Dec 31, 2005.

From the Chitika blog, "However, we are currently running into unexpected delays in our monthly audits for November. We are aggressively working on completing the audit process as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and we are hoping that we will be able to complete and finalize the November audits over the next two weeks. In fact, we are trying to complete both November and December audits by January 15th. While we are working on ironing out the kinks in our beta program, we thank all our clients for the continued support. We do not expect the delay in audits to become a recurring issue going forward, because we are focusing on putting in place robust systems that will help streamline the reporting and auditing processes."

Read the full post http://chitika.com/blog/?p=32

Something sounds fishy?

usedmac, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  2. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
  3. good links

good links Peon

Best Answers:
    This will be my first audited report. I am really curious how much they will take away from my earnings after havign read some "horror stories" on audits.

good links, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  4. Jafar Calley

Jafar Calley Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing's fishy usedmac. Chitika's still beta and you know it. :p

Jafar Calley, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  5. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    chitika is fraud people

sunchy, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  6. amitpagarwal

amitpagarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't call Chitika a fraud. They are still a beta service and such things are expected.

amitpagarwal, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  7. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any ideas when we may see the November audit come in?

Riboflavin, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  8. amitpagarwal

amitpagarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    They say Jan 15th

amitpagarwal, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Mega-Lame.

I have my guesses as to what the hold up is, I just think they should have forewarned us.

aeiouy, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Ditto... although this would be the last period with this kind of audits. In december they started doing daily updates so any decrease shouldn't be so drastic for that month.

fryman, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  11. Jafar Calley

Jafar Calley Peon

Best Answers:
    We all need to just show some patience. Chitika is BETA which means things change, there are hiccups. Live with it.

Jafar Calley, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  12. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    I have pulled Chitika from all of my sites until the my payment comes through. Then I will decide if it is worth placing them back.

usedmac, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  13. Jafar Calley

Jafar Calley Peon

Best Answers:
    What happened to you usedmac? You used to be so positive about Chitika.

Jafar Calley, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  14. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in business to make money. If I am not getting paid or am delayed in being paid I am going to go to the program that sends me my payment on time. (Adsense in my case)

Business is business and I expect payment on time. Not a blog post stating that there is a delay. Chitika should have had the courtesy to email us directly.

usedmac, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  15. radiolistings

radiolistings Peon

Best Answers:
    "Not a blog post stating that there is a delay. Chitika should have had the courtesy to email us directly."

That's what it comes down to, really. They could have headed off a lot of critisism by telling people in a more upfront manner - if you log in to your account you still get the message saying how they've gone to 30 days, rather than explaining there about any problems.

radiolistings, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  16. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... I didn't find out about it in their blog. I found out when I clicked on 'Audited Earnings' and saw the banner on the top of the page announcing the delay and then liking to the blog for further explanation. Sure an email would have been nice, but when I looked for my audited earnings the answer was right there at the top.

tflight, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  17. AhmedF

AhmedF Peon

Best Answers:
    That is unacceptable. I personally dont check my stats except for once a week, and after this (JenSense said it perfectly - they broke their own ToS) I am down right unimpressed. Being in beta is not an excuse or a reason, it is a crutch. Ever since their beta release, it has only been one debacle after another - changing ad type (understandable), vicious cuts from audits (almost understandable), letting people know a day after payment was due (not acceptable), and not even doing it by email (absolutely unacceptable).

This is customer relations 101 and they failed it :(

AhmedF, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I don't see what's the problem, its not like Chitika's earnings are what brings food to your table. Chitika must count for 5% of my total income, I couldn't care less if they are delayed or not.

Or is anyone not going to be able to pay their rent because of this delay?

fryman, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  19. Jafar Calley

Jafar Calley Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said Fryman. Chitika or Adsense or Clicksor(that one is a real joke) you shouldn't be relying on them to pay the bills. Especially Chitika since betas will always change.
    If you find being involved with Chitika too stressful, why not just pull out and quietly move along? It's not like anyone is forced to use Chitika on their website is it? :p
    Personally I find the little Chitika money useful. For every $1 from Chitika I can invest it elsewhere and turn it into $100 so I'm happy even if I have one of those bad $1 days. :D

Jafar Calley, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  20. gamehouse

gamehouse Guest

Best Answers:
    That is not entirely correct in business world. I know GM. They do not pay their suppliers on time. Now you can not move away from GM unless you are really a big company. Few small companies went bankrupt since their BIG customers did not pay net 30 or 45 days.

But again on the net, you can certainly move away from Chitika to adsense. But what about some genuine people who got banned by Adsense. Thats a risk too..

just my 2 cents.

Gamehouse

gamehouse, Jan 5, 2006 IP