1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by pgruach, Dec 31, 2005.

Since about yessterday I get a bunch of errors on a bunch of keywords:

<b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>[mydomain...]/webrank.php</b> on line <b>218</b><br />
    Code (markup):
    Mostly MSN gives these errors. Anybody got a solution? Is it my server bugging me?

pgruach, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's a keyword/URL combo (exactly as entered) where you get the error?

digitalpoint, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  3. pgruach

pgruach Peon

Best Answers:
    for instance:

pinkstergemeente | www.pgruach.nl | MSN | N/A | 0 | -9,994 | -9,991 | Dec 31, 2005

and the full error is:

The request returned the following error:
    Unexpected result from your server:

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/peter/domains/wweb.nl/public_html/webrank.php</b> on line <b>218</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/peter/domains/wweb.nl/public_html/webrank.php</b> on line <b>218</b><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    a:1:{s:7:"results";s:4:"9999";}
    Code (markup):

pgruach, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... it's working fine for me. What version of PHP do you have installed on your server?

digitalpoint, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  5. pgruach

pgruach Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP Version 4.3.10 - see http://www.wweb.nl/phpinfo.php

Strange thing is that it worked perfectly fine.

pgruach, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  6. dbenton

dbenton Peon

Best Answers:
    After seeing the same symptoms, I did some digging and found out that MSN thinks my script may be malware. Here is the page that is returned for any query to MSN from my script:

Interestingly, the same script from another of my servers yields no error, and does not receive the malware page from MSN. I guess this should be expected, as some users have had this problem, while most do not.

I do not use the keyword tool excessively: twice per day at most, tracking 4 phrases from each search engine. I'm not sure why I was flagged.

hth,
    David

dbenton, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  7. marvin-miller

marvin-miller Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing the exact same error and this is the first time I've ever used the MSN/Yahoo lookup script.

marvin-miller, Jan 17, 2006 IP