1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top Quality Writing Required. Will pay well

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Foggy, Aug 31, 2007.

When I say top quality I mean good enough to be published in a major print magazine. Unless you have impeccable writing skills please do not bother to reply.

I would need to see some samples of your work and, if satisfied, would give you a small job on a pre-agreed fee. On completion I would decided whether we could go forward with a part-time job. Should that work out with all work being delivered on time we can talk about a full time job if that suits you.

Topics: PC hardware and the technology behind them, enterprise level management/IT matters, automobiles, various others.

I'll take it that the ideal candidate can also read carefully. To apply please send me a PM with a sample of at least one quality article you've written (or a link to it). Please then post in here just that you've sent me a PM. To all those who post below to send them details via PM: Please go back to the start of this para.

Added: First person submissions only. Do not submit someone else's work even if that person works for you.

Foggy, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  2. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the bare "I'm a writer, please PM me details" kinda message suggesting they haven't read the OP. :( Everyone else has got a reply.

Foggy, Sep 1, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  3. chilove

chilove Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PM sent.

Thanks!

chilove, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  4. Foggy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks, guys. Chilove, I've sent you an email. penman, I've sent you a PM. I must emphasise I have no way of analysing your writing skills from a brief PM. I do need to see a sample of your work.

Foggy, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  5. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I PMed you, but saying only this will bring me an infraction.

It would be fine if you could list all topics you are interested in; for an "major print magazine quality" articles you probably expect someone who has professional knowledge on his field.

boron, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  6. ipwatchdog

ipwatchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Personally would not trust Foggy. I am trying to sell my site and he ruined my thread by telling lies about what we communicated via PM. Told people I had no interest in selling, belittled me and explained that no one would pay my price, etc. Whether that is right or not, Foggy seems to like crashing threads and telling the thread leader that they don't get things, and in a rude way no less. It is not very professional to try and openly contaminate a thread for someone who is legitimately trying to do business.

By the way, my thread is not the only one he has done this with. I have read other threads he has ruined for the seller as well. He fancies himself a world class domain buyer, but if you read his threads it is clear he does not really understand business. He has one little formula in his head about valuation and business, and anything that deviates from that is wrong in his mind. I would not recommend doing business with someone so narrow minded.

-Gene

ipwatchdog, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  7. ednit

ednit Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Regardless of whether your post is true or not, this phrase is kind of fitting for what you're doing with this thread yourself. You lose credibility for your claim simply because you're doing the very thing that you're complaining about.

I've been watching this thread because I may be interested in throwing my hat in the ring in regards to writing, but haven't decided yet. . . but I felt the inclination to pipe in nonetheless.

ednit, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    Foggy likes this.
  8. Foggy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All those who have sent me PMs have received replies. Several of them have been passed on to the manager of one of my site networks and at least two have started working on articles under his supervision.

If you're interested in dipping a toe in the water I strongly suggest you send me a PM with the sample. I am looking for quality work and I pay well. Plenty of references from current authors are available on request.

Foggy, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  9. ipwatchdog

ipwatchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I completely appreciate what you are saying.

If I lose credibility then that is something I can live with. I just thought it important to let folks know. In the Internet world it is hard to tell who is worth doing business with or not, so I know I have always appreciated a heads up.

I understand why you would be skeptical, but what I suggest is that you take a look at the threads where Foggy has posted where the thread has been about someone selling a domain name. Then you can make the judgment for yourself about whether you care to do business with someone like him.

Apologies if I came across upset. I was very upset when I wrote the previous post. For no reason whatsoever Foggy saw fit to make it sound like I was unethically using the forum for some purpose other than to legitimately do business. That type of malicious interference is not something that is appropriate or something I could leave alone.

Good luck.

-Gene

ipwatchdog, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  10. Foggy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feel free to link to specific threads of my transgressions, if you can find any. Don't forget a link to my trader feedback page as well.

In the meanwhile, thanks for the bump and let's get on with business.

boron, I'll expand. I have a wide collection of sites split up into topic based networks, each managed by a different webmaster. Some broad themes are automobiles, business intelligence/management, server hardware/server room management, kid activities/child safe browsing, finance, work from home and pets. The writing itself will be challenging. Some pieces are 500 words but I have just commissioned a 5,000 word guide on making money from proxies (and I need more content on that subject if anyone has expertise in it). Other articles can be smaller/larger. I pay well for specific, hard to find skills. This funny webmaster glossary, for example, got a lot, lot, lot more than $0.03 a word. :)

Foggy, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  11. shruthi

shruthi Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, Please see pm for more details. thanks.

shruthi, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  12. Ramesh Kumar, S

Ramesh Kumar, S Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm interested. PMed you for details.

Ramesh Kumar, S, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  13. ipwatchdog

ipwatchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can't believe anyone would do business with you Foggy. After all, how can anyone who professes to be Internet savy claim that their home page is a DP thread? What a joke you are!

ipwatchdog, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  14. rayaan

rayaan Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. Just sent you a PM. Tech isnt my specialty, but I have experience in other areas. Thanks!

rayaan, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  15. Foggy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ipwatchdog, thanks for the bump. This lot are all lying. Don't believe a word they say! :)

rayaan, yours are among the few samples I liked. I've sent you my email address.

Foggy, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  16. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My heavens, ipwatchdog! Hijacking this post is extremely discourteous! You need to keep your thoughts to yourself, but if you can't manage that, at least keep it in your own thread!

I don't personally know you or foggy, but ipwatchdog, imho you are crossing the line of good forum manners!

tasty

tastysites, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  17. ipwatchdog

ipwatchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why would you say that? It is OK for Foggy to hijack my thread and post lies but it is not OK for me to explain that he did so on one of his threads? Explain to me exactly how that is fair? All I am doing is explaining what Foggy did on my thread. He lied about communications we had. He explained that based on personal, private information he had that he was convinced I was not interested in selling my website. What do you think that did to folks who were interested in the content of my thread? Do you think they would consider my offer to sell or offer to pay a finders fee seriously when someone who claims to have personal, private information says he doesn't believe I am serious and am just wasting everyones time?

Get real.

ipwatchdog, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  18. cybiao

cybiao Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 54
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm intersted!PM sent with some samples!

Thanks

cybiao, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  19. damyantig

damyantig Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    damyantig, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  20. Foggy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Damyanti, I've sent you a PM and my email address. Provided we can agree figures and schedules I may be able to give you as much work as you can handle.

Yes, I'm still looking for good writers as described in my opening post.

Foggy, Sep 14, 2007 IP