1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What mistakes i would have made? Please Help :(

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sizzler_chetan, Aug 30, 2007.

Hello directory owners,

I have made continuos efforts on promoting my nobledirectory.com and its Directory Owners Blog. And every day i am still promoting it.
    It ranked well for a few keywords and was doing all good, but today all of a sudden i see it no where in SERPS!!!

Here are a few keywords it was in the top 10 in google -
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Paid...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Paid...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Dire...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a - blog was top for this
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Dire...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a - 3rd position
    And others were link directory, strong web directory etc.

And most poor thing is that it was coming in top 2 results for the domain name keywords - Noble directory, and now its not there too.
    Now it is no where.
    I am not able to know what the reason is!!!

Is it because google is penalizing paid link sites? If it is so, why would only my directory be gone like this?
    I dont see any de-indexing of the directory still, but the SERPS have went MAD

Please help, if anyone knows anything let me know the reason why could this be happening?
    I have about 64k backlinks in Yahoo too. And always promoting it.

I want all the senior members and directory owners to please help me out in this!

sizzler_chetan, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man, you cant judge by just 1 day of change. It happened to me sometimes too , infact many times. Wait for a few days bro

aditya_sfs, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But SERPS for a couple keywords would be fine.. here all keywords went low :(
    So i had to ask from all you guys!

4. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your directory is coming up for "Nobledirectory.com" though. For how long your site is disappeared from those top keywords? Better way is to wait for few days, it happens usually, one of my best shopping sites had the same scenario, but it came back after few days (try making natural promotions for your directory)

coolweb, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  5. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    I had checked a couple yesterday and they were in the top..
    Now when i check i was shocked to see that.

I believe its from today itself..

6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Chetan my friend, i know exactly what happened.

Last week and 2 weeks before that, google filtered me out of the search results.

Its because i was targetting "bidding directory" and "bidding web directory" so hard, google detected un-natural links and stopped ranking me high.

All i did was change my anchor text on new links, target bid for position or bid directory instead. Now i am rank 2 and rank 3

I think that may of happened to you. Google detects too many links with the same anchor text and punishes you. All you need to do is go link building for different anchor text and you should be ok, and start to rank high again.

Good luck,
    Mike

mikey1090, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  7. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Well ive been having the same problem as its in and out of the serps and seems to be affecting only my
    top directories which makes absolutly no sense whatsoever..

Im sure it will come back in a few days or in 1-3 weeks as thats what happens to mine then it comes back ...
    could be sitewides? ... not sure but all new directories of mine are being upgraded with sponcered categories
    so that issue will be null/void soon enough :)

PS ... myself and someone where chatting last night on messenger about a directory thats cant even
    rank for its own "name" which freaked me out! (never seen this before) But when i checked yours i did find it in the 6th postion
    so evidently your not in the same boat as him/her but very well could be due to sitewides that matt talked about briefly on paid links issues..

You could be correct as ive been targeting keywords as well and might explain what the change in serps...
    Good evaluation on your part though ;)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  8. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clarifying a bit Mike..

But you see the promotions made by alive, aviva and my brother doing on GII and they also target "Web Directory" keyword very well and all promote in a speedy way!
    And they were never dropped down once they are in the top.
    Would this be the only reason Mike?

And am glad that atleast it is in top for this - http://www.google.com/search?q=nobl...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

9. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this has happened to me before.
    When I first started my bidding directory , it ranked quite well in Google for the industry related terms but then all of sudden on one day I was thrown out of the positions the site held. But after some 3-4 weeks it regained its position.
    don't worry it happens to all.

vic_msn, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  10. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Take a chill pill chetan and continue working hard. One of my websites used to rank for a excellent keyword and suddenly disappeared for 2 weeks and then came back for 3 days and disappeared again.

Finally all was fine there after... ;) Such things keep happening take no tension. :D

humm, Aug 30, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  11. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I dont know... I am only speaking from experience. Look at biduplinks.com - choice used to be rank 1 for bidding directory, but the same happened to him. He now ranks really low.

I have always wondered how this never happens to certain directories. Sites like your brothers and chris' must be getting a lot of natural backlinks aswell. I know chris used lots of varied anchor text for big web links and his others.

I think when your site becomes more established like Alive has done, google would never filter it out. So many natural backlinks must be using the same keyword so i think its ok.

You just need to keep going on, not worry too much and target other keywords (try get rank 1 for smelly directory), just keep varying your anchor texts.

12. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    But this never happened with my directory and i always try to work on well with it, so had doubt if i had made any mistakes!

sundaybrew likes this.
  13. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    once my site showed with like 500 results in google , went down to 200 and went back to 800 its strange

indyguidedotinfo, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  14. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    It happens Dr.Chetan ;)... chillax yaar. Tell Amit to contact google n fix up the matter. :D

If it doesn't work lemme know, il bang their doors! :p

humm, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  15. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should give Google more time. SEO takes time. Any new site should expect to see a reasonable result in a month or two, especially if you are targeting a very competitive keyword.

coolsitez, Aug 30, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  16. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    Its not a new site..

It is a well established and old one, was already in top. Now went down!

17. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    sizzler just try what i said. Places where you have sitewides, contact the owner and change the anchor text. Perhaps go submit to some more directories or bid directories with different text.

Even just use words like "here" or "click now" or "visit today" on forums, it just makes things look more natural, then google can stop filtering you out of their results.

18. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip Mike :)

Would do contact the owners for changing the anchor texts! Hope it helps out as u said :eek:

19. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it may take some time.

When it happened to me, i instantly began submitting to more directories, like when i submitted to yours. I bought some sitewides with different anchor text, and bought listings in the $1 bid directories. Things have been better now, and i got the mystikmedia form filler for firefox so it rotates title text for me:)

As your site gains age and link popularity it will be less of a problem. Its just at first when you havent as many backlinks and have not been established in the SERPs for years that it can harm you.

20. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    I have bought in most of the bidding directories with minimum bid of $3 and less.
    And had targeted my keywords in those, i hope that may have also caused the problem.
    Have to look at these things from now on!