1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trouble with 1and1.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Business' started by NewBeing, Dec 15, 2005.

Has anybody else had any problems with terminating an account with 1and1, I been trying for the last 9 months to terminate my account with them, all I get is that they are in the process of termination and they will repay me my money when it is completed, but how long does a termination take? In the meantime they are taking money from my credit card which I am not happy about seeming that I am no longer using their services. I just wondered if any body else had simular problems.

NewBeing, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  2. THT

THT Peon

Best Answers:

is there not a number you can call?

THT, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Trying to terminate an account with them is a like a trial of fire, imho. Forget about phone calls and emails. What you need to do is locate the online version of the cancellation form (good luck), fill it in and send via snail-mail to their offices. You can also fax a copy. You might, if you are lucky, get the help and support section to email you a copy but don't hold your breath.

Here's my advice for cancelling: when it comes to sending the form in, send three copies posted to three different postboxes and stagger your posting over three days. That way, you can be 100% certain at least one of the copies arrive should you get the "we have no record of any form" excuse.

I detest oneandone's policy of having to cancel accounts via snail mail.

Another policy of theirs I loath(ed) was freezing your entire account for one domain name. What I mean by this is that should you run into the nightmare of trying to cancel one thing in your account such as a single domain renewal, and you refuse to pay for it, your entire account gets frozen, even for goods and services you have paid for and are entitled to have full access to, in my opinion.

Basically, oneand onesuck. Don't take any shit from their 'no help/customer services/whatever it's called now' department, especially once you have sent the cancellation forms in (from various locations). That's the place to begin: locate and download a copy of the cancellation form and take it from there.

Good luck!

mcfox, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  4. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I cancelled it by fax and snail mail and got the confirmation by email but I am still having no joy in the account being closed, I have told my credit card company not to pay them any more. I was hoping to get some money back that's why I have left it this long, I don't care if the account gets frozen because I am not using it anymore.

I really find it hard to believe when internet companies act like this, they try so hard to get business with good offers but balls it up with their customer service, they must know that bad news travels fast on the internet, so why do they give a bad service?

5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's getting worse before it will get better, due of lack of laws and regulatory meassures on an local and international level

Arnie, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Hmmm. I would get on the phone to your credit card company and initiate a chargeback, explaining the circumstances.

I found their service to be appalling and wouldn't recommend anyone use them. Ever.

mcfox, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this company was in connection with one of the biggest scam site
    juiceboosted. com

Arnie, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  8. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice mcfox, I just emailed my credit card company with more details to see if I can get a chargeback, luckly have have keeped all the emails that I sent to 1and1 so I have the evidence.

9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I can't quite see the connection with oneandone.co.uk :confused:

You're welcome. :)

Don't let it go either. If your account has been cancelled and you have the proof then oneandone had absolutely no right to keep charging your credit card.

mcfox, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd better say it was brought in connection with the same, after tracking the site mentioned down.
    That was a hide and seek game for quite a while and finally including government agencies, FBI etc. the site got busted. Screenshots about the whole issue were shown online a year ago.

Arnie, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  11. lookingpearls@msn.com

lookingpearls@msn.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Same problems here guys. Just fired off some emails, awaiting reply, tomorrow I will find out how to contact the police fraud team and contact as many computer mags as I can. This sounds like a scam. I wonder if their head office is in Nigeria!

lookingpearls@msn.com, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  12. DamnTees

DamnTees Active Member

Best Answers:
    1 and 1 is a con job STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS

DamnTees, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  13. Angellizbeth

Angellizbeth Peon

Best Answers:
    I went to 1&1 (UK) and signed up but during the payment card detail page decided not to pursue it although all my details were already on the page when I decided clicked off at the red x at top right side of browser. However, 1&1 still took my details and set up an account. Luckily I noticed them trying to get money from my bank account via my debit card and spoke to my bank and got it stopped. Consequently I am being pursued by debt collectors. The first one acknowledge I had a legitimate complaint and now I have another one... I too have not seen what happens from anyone not paying and see if they take yhou to court... basically as none of the others wanted their credit messed up. I have no credit to mess up as I do not use credit and have no morgage etc... So I am going to either sit it out and see what happens and then report it here for all to see.... or if I can find an already started Class Action case against them here in the UK I will join in, or if there are enough people in the UK who will join me, I will start a UK Class Action against them... having spent many years in America I am well able to stand up to a roaring lion and win... Any one with me?

Angellizbeth, May 13, 2010 IP
  14. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is amazing how this company is thinking that bad reviews will never be taken seriously by prospective customers.

It think this is the reason why they are having a $0 cost domain promotion now.

theAdviserMe, May 16, 2010 IP
  15. pinkgink

pinkgink Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree stay away from 1and1. I was lucky because when I closed my account (about 3 years ago.) with them I also changed banks so they couldn't keep charging me. I had not heard anything from them (email, snail mail or phone) until about 6 months ago. They sent me a statement saying I owed them about $45 I mailed it back to them with a letter saying I disputed the charge and I have not heard anything since. Good luck with getting everything taken care of.

pinkgink, May 16, 2010 IP
  16. DamnTees

DamnTees Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you do have trouble with them just report them to the Better Business Bureau like I did. I'm starting to get refunds for some of my past costs but not all. This is one of the worst run businesses IMO and TBH even if they do resolve my issues they have made me an anti 1 and 1 activist for life. Keep on spreading the word everyone. Down with 1 & 1 until they shape up or ship out.

DamnTees, May 17, 2010 IP
  17. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    I would at the vary least contact my credit card company and block their charges.

JHybrid, May 17, 2010 IP
  18. DamnTees

DamnTees Active Member

Best Answers:
    problem with that is they send you to debt collections. They have their own personal debt collection agency so I wouldn't doubt they would hesitate to do this if you reverse their charges. I threatened to reverse the charges they put on me and they just laughed and said they would keep on charging me. Crooked company indeed. Better Business Bureau will clear them up real good and it hurts their business ranking.

DamnTees, May 25, 2010 IP
  19. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    They really can't hurt you. Don't let them fool you with those debt collection tactics.

JHybrid, May 25, 2010 IP
  20. potharry

potharry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    9 months ??? It's incredible.))) You've got a saintly patience.)))

Didn't you think that you could send an ordinary mail and fax them? 9 months <))

potharry, May 25, 2010 IP