1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Decide What You Should Blog About

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Jetsdonwankey, Jul 23, 2007.

How to Decide What You Should Blog About by AJ Vaynerchuk

Click Here For The Original Article

Before you begin, make sure you are committed

A lot of blogs fail. The biggest reason? A lack of commitment. Far too often bloggers feel that a blog can be a source of quick cash that will come without much effort. Sadly this is a misconception, and this misconception is what prevents most blogs from achieving success. Before you decide what you will blog about, please make sure you truly want to blog.

Pick something that you like and know something about

Another reason blogs fail is the fact that the quality of content is far below par. Usually poor content is either attributed to a lack of commitment (see above) or a lack of knowledge/passion. If you don't like your topic, and know nothing about your niche, you will more than likely fail in the long run.

For Example
    I personally enjoy Music​

This is about as broad as it gets. Music is one of the most popular things on the Internet, so we have to narrow this down quite a bit. The last thing you want to do is spread your blog too thin. If your content doesn't flow from day to day, from article to article, it will be very hard for you to capture dedicated readers.​
    Now we need to get that down into a category​

There are many categories to choose from; personally I am a fan of Rap music. I know most people in this business are not, but since I am using a personal example lets run with this.​
    Finding a niche within that category​

Now that I am into the category of Rap, I want to narrow it down even more so. One facet of Rap that has always entertained me is the clothing/attire. Rap is a culture, and clothing plays a part within every culture.​
    My niche is specific, but it can be a little more specific​
    I am going to pick a specific clothing company to cover in my blog. After some debate, I decided that I liked the "Bathing Ape" clothing line best, and even better, it was probably the clothing line I knew most about. Even though I don't know a ton about Bathing Ape clothing, I know enough about clothing in general and more importantly I am interested in learning more about the clothing, company and creator.​

Enjoy Yourself

Now that you have a niche go ahead and start your blogging adventure. Remember, you need to be dedicated to blogging, and it is very important that you enjoy and know your niche. You have all the tools for success, its just a matter of using them and staying consistent.

For More

If you found this article interesting and helpful, you can always find more like it in the future by subscribing to my feed

Jetsdonwankey, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  2. easyforexsignals.com

easyforexsignals.com Peon

Best Answers:
    all good points, like anything in life, if you are going to do well at it, your heart must be in it.

easyforexsignals.com, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  3. GnomeyNewt

GnomeyNewt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips! Bloggers need to pick subjects that they have a passion for.

GnomeyNewt, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  4. Sleepy_Sentry

Sleepy_Sentry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a really good guide. Many bloggers rush out half-cocked and end up failing.

Sleepy_Sentry, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  5. xeric

xeric Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the good tips.

I am a new blogger. I really did appreciated these tips.

Will you make some comments and suggestion to my blog.

xeric, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  6. TGS

TGS Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice article, should help new bloggers and people who have failing sites. I hope people don't start blogs about things they have absolutely no knowledge/interest in, lol.

TGS, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  7. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    good one...but did not get anything for time management...post frequency..

sat123, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  8. xeric

xeric Peon

Best Answers:
    But I did started blogging. I did blogging to share my feelings.

Will you guys help me to generate my articles?

xeric, Jul 25, 2007 IP