1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

8 yr old site, 40k uniques/day, 10k Alexa, ZERO work required, $75,000 p.a. income

Discussion in 'Sites' started by spdude, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    www.ngemu.com
    www.pcsx.net
    www.psxemu.com
    www.emuforums.com
    www.aldostools.com

psxemu.com was the first domain for ngemu.com registeed in 1999. Content was later shifted to NGEmu.com in 2001 I believe. The network is that old. Check out the Alexa graph for NGEmu.com. Make sure to set it to "max", and you will see that this site has been extremely popular from even before Alexa began tracking!

Income is ~$75,000 per annum, 80% from Adsense and 20% from Tribal Fusion banners. Just this weekend, the sites made over $260 on Saturday and another $260 on Sunday.. so there is absolutely no decline in any of the numbers.

As for increasing the income even further, I believe there is room, since apart from Tribal Fusion, no other CPM networks are being made use of. If you have accounts with casale and valueclick.. minimum CPM amounts can be set for each network, and the three networks can be chained together, effectively removing default ad views, and maximizing revenue.

I'm the owner since 14 months now, and I have zero posts on the forum. All updating of the main site and authoring and upgrading of the emulators, as well as running the forums is done by volunteer staff. I live in a $700,000 house and this site alone pays off all my living expenses.. so I like to think of it as my house site..

Pricing will need to be in line with what we see in this post i.e. I'm looking for the highest possible multiple of revenue. Otherwise, I have no issue with letting it continue to pay my house payments.

Asking price is $300,000. Here are some of the reasons why:

1. The biggest factor which justifies the high multiple in the case of this network, is the ZERO maintenence factor. NGEmu continues to grow month after month with absolutely no responcibility upon the owner to update anything, I really do mean nothing needs to be touched. In 14 months I have not made a single post on the forum, nor have I made a single news entry on the front site.

2. Also keep in mind that three of the sites here have authority status with Google:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRC_enCA221PK223&q=ngemu

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRC_enCA221PK223&q=vba+ngemu

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pcsx

Authority status on a single domain is worth 5 figures.

3. User activity on the forum is 900+ members logging in daily. That on its own is worth mid xx,xxx...

4. The vba subdomain even has its own dedicated wikipedia page.

Detailed traffic stats (including referrels) for the last 8+ months can be provided upon request to serious buyers. I'll simply give the login info for the extremetracking.com paid account.

spdude, Jul 16, 2007 IP
    honey, ESAD and joeychgo like this.
  2. Edmunds

Edmunds Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Damn, this is a nice site. I remember getting emulator help from it years back.

Edmunds, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  3. Alpha_Publishing

Alpha_Publishing Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dunno, probably not worth 4 years revenue. Could be all sorts of legal actions and whatnot.

Alpha_Publishing, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  4. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you aren't interested in the sale in anyway do not post in the sale thread, its in the DP tos as well.

Gnet, Jul 17, 2007 IP
    spdude likes this.
  5. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The comment was fine. I think I'll address it.

Many people grossly misunderstand valuation of established sites, and think they have to actually wait four years in order to turn a profit. This is simply not true. The profit begins from the first day.. First have a look once more at the Alexa graph, and notice the 8 years of growth and the current upward trend. There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that the site will be headed downward any time soon. What that means is the price of the site will be secure and will actually appreciate with the passing of every year. In the meantime, all earnings will be profit. This is so obvious. I'm not sure how so many people overlook it. This $300k network can be worth $500k three years later, having earned another $200-300 in the meantime (taking into account growth of course, based on eight years of history). If one was to buy now and sell three years later, the net profit would be $500,000 on an investment of $300k.

What are illegal are ROMS. Far from hosting and providing them, requesting them is actually a bannable offense at Emuforums. This goes to show how clean the network is. Again, eight years of history is enough to marginalise this risk in the eyes of most investors.

spdude, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  6. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I mentioned earlier that the network does not offer or host ROMs. If someone wanted to play around with ROMs introducing them on one of the secondary domains within the network, perhaps psxemu.com or maybe a subdomain... it could be done quite effectively resulting in way more traffic than 40k uniques a day. The section would dominate the SEs within three months guaranteed. No additional advertising would be required other than some well placed text links in not too prominent locations. The existing network would be safe from all legal issues, and an underthebelly ROMs network could be created resulting in HUGE traffic.

Also, expanding into classic/retro emulation is something we have been considering. This poll with close to 4,000 votes indicates the demand:

With a budget of not more than low-mid $x,xxx, both projects can be developed. The traffic could well increase by 200%.

spdude, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  7. fitnawake

fitnawake Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is a great buy buddy, im crying not to have the cash

fitnawake, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  8. Locc

Locc Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    great site to bad i only have half of what your asking or i would of jump on this offer

Locc, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  9. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice and well built revenue generating site's.
    I wish I could buy them :)
    Awesome Site's I know Spdude has some of the best site on Internet.

Imran, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  10. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my site is only 3 x less then this and doubtfully not worth 300k you are kinda nuts, but everyone is a little traffic and BOOM!

but I would kinda watch out look at his own forums..

You have 75K registered members and less then 5K are actually active.. that's not a good sign

Let's see your stats screenshots along with your proof of income.

Also if nothing is illegal in anyway why are you hosted outside the united states? something smells a bit fishy to me...

Maybe it's just me, but I'm trying to look out for everyone here too.

Also I am kind of skeptical you say your site earns that much..

if you were to put 10 of them each on your site it wouldn't bring up close to that figure yet you don't even have that many ads up, correct me if i'm wrong..

ryan1918, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  11. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is it only me who has no idea what that statement is referring to?

I want to address all this person's points, but need a bit of clarification first.

The german hosting is because the person I bought the site from is German, and the servers are cheap there. He already had hosting setup which I took over. As traffic increased, the forums were moved to one of my servers at Liquidweb.com though as the main site on that server.

Obviously screenshots of everything claimed above can be provided upon request by PM.

Really can't figure out what is being asked in the other posts. Doesn't seem very intelligent, if you ask me.

spdude, Jul 18, 2007 IP
    Imran and skibladner like this.
  12. dturnbull

dturnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seriously, stop being are a jerk and ruining this guys thread.

Hosting Emulators is not illegal. Yes, if roms were hosted it could be fishy, but emulators are simply programs that allow you to play roms (and not all roms are illegal).

dturnbull, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  13. Dan_Grr

Dan_Grr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't think anyone here has $300.000 sitting on their accounts to buy it. But are the 300k the binning price or you're just starting out with it?

Dan_Grr, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  14. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is not BIN. A full $300k offer would be very tempting. However, unlike some of my other sales which I've finalised fairly quickly, I'm going to try and drag this out for as long as possible..

spdude, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  15. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

How am I being a jerk? I'm just trying to point out facts and get them answered or questions as I would think people wouldn't care about asking questions..

Actually Germany hosting is more expensive then the us, because most of them you get more specs + more bandwidth at a cheaper rate.

16. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Looks like 2 thirds of the posts in this thread have been deleted by a moderator. Retarded non-related posts were only three.. Only those should have been deleted. The rest were all usefull and contained important info. Now, I guess I'm going to need to retype those few paragraphs.

Edit: I'm trying to request the Moderator to restore the thread to it's previous state, but it will be their call.

spdude, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  17. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am looking for the stats, your income via pm or here..

18. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Assuming that the income I claimed above is all true, do you even agree with my pricing model above?

Proof of income and traffic stats are only for people who agree with the minimum asking price and simply need verification before moving forward.

Edit: Eventually, I will be getting around to gathering more details including screenshots and numbers from the vBulletin control panel detailing daily/monthly posts, registrations and user activity stats. I'll be posting all this within the thread itself.

spdude, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  19. awiekupo

awiekupo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice site.. Too bad I ain't that rich. Well, I think Hmm, care to share why you would like to let it go despite of earning highest possible multiple revenue..?

Cheers!
    Sha

awiekupo, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  20. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very nice site SP, you always have the great forums :)

Good luck!

Shaggy, Jul 18, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.