1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rejecting Sites

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sachin410, Nov 19, 2005.

My question is for directory owners.

How often do you reject sites and what are the main reasons of doing so?
    (In other words, what not to do while submitting to directories :D ?)

sachin410, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like free sites (like geocities, myspace, etc.), nor do I like to see spammy titles with nothing but keywords over and over. I also don't like short descriptions. Some directories don't like subpages either, they only want the root page.

mdvaldosta, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  3. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    i reject sites whenever its needed, i reject them because;

# they provide illegal content
    # they are a one page site with adsense at the max
    # the description on the submission does not match what there site is about
    # has no real content or is half finished/under construction
    # the ads -> content ration is too high (like made for adsense site but for any kind of ads)

just-4-teens, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  4. gamecock

gamecock Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory owners often have to wade through a lot of junk to get to the good stuff.

I have an Invision Power Board forums directory. My only real requirement for listing is that you have an Invision Power Board forum site. lol. If you have an Invision Board, you're in.

Over 50% of the submissions I get are not a forum site at all. They get *plonked* immediately.

Evidently the site's url and title isn't enough of a clue. Another 20% of submissions are phpBb or Vbulletin based forums. (I got tired of this, so I did create an off-topic category for the non-Invision forums to go in.) If they try so submit in a regular category. *plonk*

The last 30% of submissions are actually Invision Board Forums and get approved quickly.

So, I guess the moral of the story is don't submit to the specialized apple directory when your site is about oranges... :)

gamecock, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  5. muchacho

muchacho Active Member

Best Answers:
    More than 60-70% are deleted. Basic reason: not good enough. Other usual reasons for rejecting sites are in my guidelines

muchacho, Nov 19, 2005 IP