1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopster - Something some of you may be interested in...

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by James - AMWSO, Nov 15, 2005.

Hi guys,

I don't want to SPAM this board, but i think some of you guys may be interested in a new program under AMWSO's - www.AMWSO.com - management. (If you read Haiko's board - ABestWeb - you'll know who we are as we have a few forums there...). Plus you'll find us in the 5StarAffiliatePrograms board too, and quite a few other places...We are reputable...:D

This program might particularly appeal to any 'ebayer's' out there...Anyway here goes...

Shopster is a private label retailer concept that uses guaranteed cookie free, parasite resistant tracking. The Shopster system allows affiliates to select the products they promote - and the prices they sell at - within a complete E-Commerce Site. Pretty much like a co-brand but even check out takes place on the site so all sales are recorded through the system and customer date, orders, and so on are stored on the affiliate side.

So, what does this mean to you?

1) NO more cookies. According to Revenue Magazine, up to 40% of your affiliate sales are currently not being credited to you. That’s because they are being stolen or deleted. Shopster does not use cookies. Your sales are your sales every time.

2) YOU own your customer. Why do you think retailers are willing to give up such high commissions for the referral of a new customer? That’s because they don’t just get a sale out of it, they get a customer who will buy from them again and again and make them more money. So what are they actually doing? They are taking your customer and turning them into their customer. Instead of keeping on giving away your customers, now you can keep them on your site and create a repeat customer yourself. This is how you build value into your business.

3) Create value in YOUR brand. You own your own store. That means you create value in your property just like any other retailer. Your brand has value and you can even sell or franchise your store one day just like any other retailer.

4) YOU control YOUR conversions. Now you don’t have to count on the retailer to convert, you can do your own converting. You can test what’s working and what’s not and improve your sales ratio.

The plan down the line is to charge affiliates $400 per year to use this system, but while Shopster is in the beta phase we are offering partners access for free. We guarantee that any partner who joins now will never be charged for using Shopster. Here are some more benefits of using Shopster:

· Shopster provides access to a huge database of products (1.6 million+).
    · Partners can niche down as deep as they like to select products.
    · Your brand is retained through all stages of the check out.
    · Partners can set their own mark up on base prices.
    · Shopster provides marketing support to drive repeat business.
    · Technology is cookie free as it is through the site and tracked to the store.
    · You’ll own your customers for life to up-sell and market to.
    · Run multiple stores for multiple niche approaches.
    · Run your store though your current domain.
    · Coupon creation functionality.
    · Every page can have its own template.
    · Shipping is charged via UPS or Fed-Ex. It’s based on ZIP code destinations - no mark up will be added. (Right now shipping is free on orders over $50).
    · Customization of store style and brand is required. BUT you’ll get full design support from the AMWSO design team.

Plus:

· No credit card processing to do.
    · No charge backs to worry about.
    · No shipping to do.
    · No Customer support to do.

Shopster has an extensive product range and it’s growing daily. Here’s some of what you can sell through the system:

Electronics - both Home Audio/Video and Mobile AV. (Brands include: Pioneer, Panasonic, JVC, Sony, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, RCA, Sirius, Kenwood, Cerwin Vega and more).

Computers & Accessories - Including Apple I-Pod’s, Acer, Ben-Q, A-Open, D-Link, Hawking, I-River, Sony and more.

Gourmet Foods - Cookies, cakes and more.

Entertainment & Games - Books, DVD’s, Video games, Virtual Reality Games, Music and more.

Toys - Full range of Children’s educational and creative toys.

Home & Garden - Full range of tools, cookware, small appliances, security items and more. (Brand names include Oster, Bunn, T-Fal, Toastmaster, Makita, Dewalt and more).

Jewelry - Limited range, lower end fashion items.

Beauty - Full array of beauty products and fragrances.

Health Products - Vitamins, purifiers, and air cleaners.

Sports & Recreation - From skateboards to hockey to camping and fishing and all points in between.

Pet Products - Food and supplies. Full range.

Gifts - Lots and lots. From blown and painted glass to figurines. Also have fresh flowers available if necessary.

Car Accessories - After market products including neon kits and performance parts.

Baby Products - Full range including furniture.

Apparel - limited range, but being built up daily.

And more…

We want to help you as much as possible at AMWSO. Here is what we will do for you should you decide to work with us and Shopster.

· Need a product area that isn't offered? Let us know and we'll try and get it.

· Need a feature? Let us know and we'll get it added to the dev. tasks.

· You’ll get full design support from the AMWSO design team.

· Marketing.... well that's where you come in…:D

Check out the AMWSO demo store here: http://amwso.secure2u.com/. If you want to get started right away, you can sign up to Shopster here: http://signup.shopster.com/retailersignup.aspx?referrer=amwso. Alternatively drop me a line with any more specific questions you have about Shopster and how the system works...

James - AMWSO, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  2. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Never ever?

I'm wary of anyone that wants to charge me for the priveledge of selling their products regardless of whether you're getting "your own" website. $400 is a heck of a lot that surely should be absorbed by the merchant - even if that's reflected in slightly lower commision percentages.

I see you've got a referer on the sign up page? Does everyone get one? If so then you're dangerously teetering into pyramid territory if you get paid from the money somebody else gets charged to sign up with.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm on the offsensive, but I'd hate anyone to get involved in promoting someone that the FTC comes along to close down later on.

blackbug, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  3. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Never ever. The reason for the referring URL is so that we can track who AMWSO has been responsible for signing up...It's not for any nefarious reasons...Shopster is most certainly not a pyamid scheme/or even a two tier program for that matter...That not what we do...

There are similiar concepts that charge money for their services GeteStore is one, although what they offer is nowhere near as versatile as Shopster...I was told about one scheme - i forget the name/URL - by a friend that charges well over $1000, but that's just crazy...

Sign up and check out what Shopster can do...You'll be pleasantly surprised...You won't/can't lose anything...

I just noticed you come from Salisbury! WOW...I used to live near Sherborne in Dorset which is just down the road...Not any more now though...

James - AMWSO, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  4. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    From Sherborne to Thailand, that's quite a move! :)
    (I don't really know Sherborne, but I know Poole, Bornemouth and Christchurch).

I think I will sign up and take a look at your site actually, see what it's all about...

blackbug, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  5. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HI guys,

Just wanted to say that AMWSO is one of my 5 star clients and one of the most high integrity affiliate programs out there. They manage Mondera Diamonds and lots of other programs, are anti-parasite and well you just can't work with better people.

I don't know much about Shopster yet although I read some while they were in beta before they launched publicly. My understanding is that this is different than affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing should always be free to join. This is more like drop shipping and having your own store I think, so there is a cost to "buy your store".

5starAffiliates, Nov 17, 2005 IP
    JamieJelly likes this.
  6. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Blackbug!

Yes, it's quite a contrast! Sometimes i miss the westcountry, but not too often... The sunshine over here is much better. :)

Hi Linda!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Shopster is a hybrid of drop shipping and affiliate marketing...You're right, you get your own store which is fully customizable...Here's one we made earlier: http://amwso.secure2u.com - it's still not finished, but you get the picture...There're some very sexy Shopster sites out there, but i can't publish their URL's here...Not without permission from the owners...There's a wide variety of templates, and we'll even have our designers create one to match your Website if you wish...

The Shopster service is free for all AMWSO recruited publishers. And will remain so for good. This is one of the agreements we made with the guys at Shopster...

Now there's added functionality to Shopster...You can request a data feed be made from the products that you have added to your store and submit it to Froogle...

How's that?!

James - AMWSO, Nov 18, 2005 IP
  7. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty damn good!

I've yet to get round to editing my store, but I must. :)

blackbug, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  8. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I am going to give it a go, I have applied for an account and I am just waiting to get OKed. I let you know how I get on

NewBeing, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  9. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Wow have a datafeed of the products you want in your store and be able to submit to Froogle??? Affiliates have to love that concept!

5starAffiliates, Nov 30, 2005 IP
    onedollar likes this.
  10. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI guys, the data feeds can be sent to you daily too if you request this.

James - AMWSO, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  11. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    looks good. would check it out now

James, is it a hosted solution ?? I was thinking that we can run it on our own domain and host

onedollar, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  12. kniveswood

kniveswood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are the product in your demo stores all that shopster has? Or are there more? Anyway to browse through the full products list? :D

kniveswood, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  13. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi onedollar!

You automatically get a store using this sort of domain structure - http://yourstorename.secure2u.com - when you sign up. However, if you want to run your store under a current domain or a brand new TLD, that is no problem. All you'll need to do is change the DNS settings of the domain you want to use i.e. repoint them...Once you're signed up (assuming you choose to do so) you can drop me a line and i'll sort this out for you.

Hi Kniveswood!

No...That just a small selection! If you sign up you can access the Shopster warehouse and you'll see what's on offer. All told there's 1.6 million+ products (no lie)...If there's something we don't have that you want to sell, drop me a line and i'll work on getting it sourced for you...

If any more of you have questions please post them here (ideal so everyone can get a feel for what Shopster is about) or feel free to email me at: /

BTW I'll post all the categories tomorrow morning when i get to the office...My remote connection isn't working right now...

James - AMWSO, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Hi James,

Does the shopster source remain on your site? I'd like to create a few specialty stores and see I can use my own domain. Is it pointed to your servers? I'd prefer to have my own hosting/server/source to work with.

What degree can we edit pages? For example, if we wanted to enhance product descriptions and implement seo techniques.

Thanks,

GTech

GTech, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  15. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Hi Gtech glad you are hooking up with Shopster. Should work out well for you.

Wish I could answer your question, but James is the answer man. I'll see if I can get him over here for you with an answer. He's overseas so the time zone is different. It may be 3AM there, but he or one of the other pros from AMWSO should be by with more info for you soon.

5starAffiliates, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  16. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Hi Linda,

Thanks. Always good to see you here! I have plans soon for the Radar affiliate you have. Bought my domain last week. Just about to finish up some projects and plan to spend the holidays coding some new stores.

GTech, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  17. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi GTech!

You're right. You need to repoint the DNS setting of your TLD - whatever it may be - to your Shopster store. Since Shopster is in the beta phase nobody gets access to the source. I'm not sure than you ever will...

The pages are fully optmized for SEO - you can implement SEO techniques like meta tags, tites etc - and you can change the product descripitons from your account. Basically you rewrite what's there, and send it to Shopster for approval. Process takes 24 hours tops. We can have our copywriter - at AMWSO - rewrite product descripitons for you if you like GTech...

Hope this helps...Any more questions guys?

James - AMWSO, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  18. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi James,

How long on average does it take to be accepted, on the email it said one business day but it has now been a few? Thanks

NewBeing, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  19. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    It should take 24 hours for your application to be approved. 48 hours tops. I think that your application has somehow been lost in the big black hole of cyberspace...

Please PM me with your email address, or send it to me at , and I'll try to find your application manually.

Sorry about this NewBeing.

OK...Found your details already...

I'll email them to you right now...Sorry about this New Being...

James - AMWSO, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  20. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the message James

I have just PM you

NewBeing, Dec 6, 2005 IP