1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN adCenter wants your feedback!

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by adCenter411, Nov 10, 2005.

Hey Digital Point Readers!

As many of you know we’ve recently launched the US pilot of MSN’s adCenter. The adCenter Product Management team would like your feedback on how we’re doing and what you’d like to see from us during the pilot and after launch. Our goal is to offer a set of awesome services and tools to our self-service advertisers. Do you want campaign optimization? A quick migration tool? What about an ad certification program? Let us know! We’ll be reading this thread and looking forward to your posts.

We’d also like to meet with you. If you are willing to chat with a member of our team – sticky mail us and we’ll set something up.

Right now participation in the MSN adCenter pilot is by invite only. You can register here to be considered for the pilot: http://advertising.msn.com/adCenterPilot/89621.asp

Cheers,
    The MSN adCenter Team

adCenter411, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Here and here - I'll make sure to post future comments in this thread so it's a little easier to keep track of:)

GuyFromChicago, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  3. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok .. Now we have MSN too.

We have em' all :eek:

Cristian Mezei, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  4. Janice149

Janice149 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see you guys looking for feedback from us webmasters. Kudos.

Janice149, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Seeing this message just about every day, multiple times throughout the day when trying to run reports:

If this is because of scheduled downtime that schedule needs to be communicated to advertisers in advance. If it's not, it needs to be fixed:)

GuyFromChicago, Nov 18, 2005 IP
  6. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    When will MSN offer Adsense type Ad's for publishers? I got an invite for adcenter but have not signed up yet.

Barre Tire, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  7. Mayers

Mayers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'll register and see how it is so I can give suggestion :).

Mayers, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  8. Web1.in

Web1.in Peon

Best Answers:
    Just one question, I have noted it earlier too and I wanted to ask this to someone authorized person.

I am always curious to know, why these Bata programs are only for US people, why not for non-US people? is it something that people from other countries lack?

I have noticed this with recent MSN live domains thing also (domains.live.com), in that also 250 MB is available only to people from US

Now adcenter is also for US people.

The same applies for many other things, be it Yahoo's YPN or google's firefox promotion...

So the question is here, can you tell me is there any specific reason for which it is only available to US people? and are there any chances of making it available to non-US users?

Regards
    Deep

Web1.in, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  9. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm not an authorize person, but I know adCenter beta program started in another country first. It is just making its way to the U.S. If I'm not mistaken I believe adCenter beta first launched in Singapore.

antonaf, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  10. adCenter411

adCenter411 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

Great feedback/questions. I wanted to get back to you before the long weekend.

Because adCenter is still in beta we are constantly tweaking the system….sometimes multiple times a day. We apologize for any frustration and error messages you are getting. Updates are so frequent that there is really no way for us to notify clients when they might experience some issues.

For ad publishers: We do have a vision that adCenter will be a “one-stop shop” for advertisers to manage different kinds of ad products, including a way to advertise on publisher's site's with relevant ads like Google's AdSense. I don’t have details on any release of this project yet but I will keep you posted as I get more information.

Before our US launch on 10/18 adCenter was first introduced in Singapore and then France. We’ve had great success in both markets and we look forward to seeing what happens in our US beta!

adCenter411, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  11. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can we please know your name ?

I would like to wish a human, a nice "week-end" :)

And we thank you for your involvement in our community.

Cristian Mezei, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  12. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    A notification message on our account management page would suffice.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 28, 2005 IP
  13. adCenter411

adCenter411 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey everybody,

Happy Friday…I just wanted to let you know that lots of adCenter folks are going to be at SES Chicago next week. Stop by the MSN booth in the expo if you want to have a live, face-to-face conversation with an actual adCenter person.

Some adCenter people will also be participating in some of the sessions:

Monday, December 5th
    1:45 - 3:15 pm: Targeting Search Ads by Demographic & Behavior – Jed Nahum, Group Product Manager, adCenter (Steven 5)
    3:45 – 5:15: Book Search panel – Thiru Anandanpillai, Group Product Manager, MSN Search (Steven 3&4 Lower Level)

Tuesday, December 6th
    4:30 PM: M the Search Ad Vendors - Doug Stotland, Group Product Manager

Wednesday, December 7th
    2:00pm - 3:30pm: Search Engine Q&A on Links – Ramez Naam, Group Program Manager, MSN Search (Continental AB)

Thursday, December 8th

10:45am - 12:00pm: Meet the Crawlers – Ramez Naam, Group Program Manager, MSN Search (Continental AB)
    12:30pm - 1:45pm: Meet the Local Search Engines – Kevin Dillon, Product Unit Manager, MSN Local Search (Steven 3&4)

Our adCenter reps hope to see you in Chicago!

--adCenter

adCenter411, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  14. LamountJ

LamountJ Banned

Best Answers:
    Cool, nice to see someone from MSN on a forum! ;)

LamountJ, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  15. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Cool thanks for spending some time and coming here on DP.

Thanks. I am also looking forward to use MSN adcenter in future.

keral82, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  16. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look what I found when I used my latest Opera 8.5 Browser to view their site:
    LOL, MSN thinks Microsoft® Internet Explorer or Netscape® Navigator 4.0 are better than Opera :)

Sunny, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  17. moneyonlineideas

moneyonlineideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Something which is really required in AdCenter - date ranges to view quick reports from the home page, instead of having to go to the reports section all the time. This feature exists in Google as well as Yahoo, and there is no reason why MSN shouldn't have it. Makes things a lot easier and faster.

moneyonlineideas, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  18. bronsti

bronsti Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% with this. It's a hassle to log all the way to reports... and then wait for reports... I want to know the second I log in what my status is just like with Google Adsense. I want to see by advertising "keyword" or by ad group what my clicks are/my avg cpc/and my total cost for whichever period i choose... including today. In fact, I got a call a couple weeks ago from an MSN Adcenter rep asking what I thought (as I've been in the beta for a few mths)... probably the more feedback the better!

Thanks!

bronsti, May 4, 2006 IP
  19. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    Time and time again over the years I have seen Microsoft's bias against Opera. I just don't get it. Anybody that codes an app for Netscape 4 (are ya kidding me???) over Opera is either insane or just despises Opera.

wibr, May 5, 2006 IP
  20. ProgrammerBob

ProgrammerBob Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall thigns are fine.
    Here is my suggestions:

1. As close to real time stats as possible. Especially on the first day of an ad or when I up my bid by alot.

2. Get rid of flash to free up bandwidth to get me more realtime stats.

3. Here is a really cool feature that would be nice. Tell me what kind of CPC I would need to reach a certain position. I assume your using some kind of dynamic pricing so it wouldn't exactly accurate, but even a guess would be cool. Even if its the estimated bid to get on the first page.

4. With dynamic ranking I assume even though eveone is bidding by click the ads are ranking by earnings per impression. Why not let people bid by thousand impressions as well.

5. Another thing that would be cool is if I could optional set a maximum CPA for an Ad and if goes over it pauses my ad for that keyword.

6. web services to automatically interface with your site.

ProgrammerBob, May 25, 2006 IP