1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The End of Jagger3

Discussion in 'Google' started by flyguy, Nov 8, 2005.

I hope this is all over now.
    Since last night I'm seeing results that have been propogated to all data centers at McDar.

Anyone confirm?

flyguy, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  2. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing a whole bunch of keywords jump up even more today but that might be because I've just gained a few high quality links.

Weirfire, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  3. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    The main page I have been reporting on has "somewhat" stabilized BUT I do have some "abnormal results" still left on a few datacenters.

Google October 2005 Event - Jagger

I don't think this Event will not end all at once. I believe it will roll to a conclusion with some sites finishing sooner than others.

This is the way it has been throughout the Event.

Remember, those in the caboose arrive at the station last.

Caryl

mcdar, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  4. maro

maro Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope not! I have lost a lot of rankings in the last update!

maro, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  5. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    maro,

It would be very helpful if you explained a little more. It will be helpful to many others.

I am afraid many will see this thread and panic! That is why I have tried to remind folks that this Event may be SLOWLY WINDING DOWN.

NOTHING that happened throughout this event happened to all sites at once.

Changes seemed to ripple out sometimes over days.

I believe this Event is finally winding down but the Fat Lady has yet to sing.

Caryl

mcdar, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  6. maro

maro Peon

Best Answers:
    mcdar,
    Well I was saying that I lost some critical keyword rankings in google and I am not showing in the top 100 for some important keywords! I was in the first page before the update and started disappearing from Google DCs one by one until I disappeared from all! I don't know what I did wrong but I will have to work harder for the next update

maro, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  7. diamondsinfo

diamondsinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Checking this morning, the serps for my site are now identical on all datacenters +/- 1 postition here and there. Looks like things have finished for me at least.

The result - basically back to the postions I had before this whole thing started - a little higher on some KW's, a little lower on others, but no real huge change.

diamondsinfo, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  8. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I'll remind maro that today out of the 80 or so keywords I track around 15 of them spiked upwards, some of my most competitive keywords jumping 70 places upwards.

Like mcdar says it's not quite finished yet. :)

The best thing to do though is stop worrying and keep marketing. Don't waste your time reading every update about the Jagger update.

Weirfire, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  9. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I started seeing keywords go up on google (first time ever for new sites) yesterday. I'm excited.

mdvaldosta, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  10. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    All of my rankings are nearly back to pre-update levels save one keyword

I should note that these are Coop sites and that one of my sites that is pure Coop got a #1 for its most competitive keyword (Was around #200 pre update)

yfs1, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  11. Eazygoin

Eazygoin Peon

Best Answers:
    My keywords have been pretty well static for the last 48 hours. I believe that DC .7.104 has been sent throughout the rest of the DC's.
    However, Google says flux will continue for some time to come, so I agree with mcdar, that some sites will settle before others.
    Interesting to note that my main site was crawled heavily today, the 1st time in over 2 weeks, so maybe the update is giving way to regular useage of the resources.

Eazygoin, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  12. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    My site is still in the 300, 400 and 700 range, depending on dc. Was ranked 3 pre-jagger.

At least one site in the top ten has backlinks in the single digits. My site has about a thousand, combination of long term and coop links with targetted anchor text. Arrgghh.

Christopher, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  13. baseballcube

baseballcube Peon

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that I really haven't had any new pages added to the index since this update started.

Has anyone else noticed this as well?

baseballcube, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  14. Peter_Rosado

Peter_Rosado Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dropped some positions for my main anchor text, was in fisrt pre-jagger, and I'm now in seven. I also gained some positions on other nice keywords. My uniques are increasing.:) If these are the final results of the update, I'm happy.

Peter_Rosado, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  15. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to believe Caryl. She has tracked serps allinanchor movement on the experiment page for a long time...soliciting comments from other webmasters along the way. Per her tracking Jagger like results started for some before many others saw it...and it tends to die down for others after a while.

Now why the H does it act like that?

Dave

earlpearl, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  16. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've lost all rankings for the main index.php. Went from top 10 for two competetive terms to not in the top 1000. They still have not returned nor do I rank for anything for that page.
    I believe this could be a penalty though due to overuse of h1 tags. I've just not seen any improvement through jagger... was ranking for everything just before then now nothing. Gone from around 5000 goog referrers per day to under 300 and this has not improved at all yet.
    Side note non index pages throughout jagger ranked in the 300's for top 2 keywords and that has not changed.
    Side note 2: Not using coop. Possible duplicate content problems with mod_rewrite / supplementals.

iconrate, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  17. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mcdar has been right about this update from day 1. I'm amazed, really...careful study about a single google page over 18 months or so has really paid off here.

I think there is a little settling out to do, but I should be back to at least 90% of prejagger levels; which almost inspires me to send a bill to google for wasting all of our time :)

lorien1973, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  18. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think this update is finished, Im seeing many search terms where they only showing the first 40, 70, 130, etc results, but there being 2-4 million total results.

Also mid update I think it was (nov 3rd or 4th), I had a 9 month old PR4 site come out of the sandbox, and as of last night it is back in the sandbox it seems, it appeared on about 50 or so terms that I saw, and now as of yesterday or the night before, it is back off. I hope the update isnt over, I was hoping that site would be out of the sandbox now.

Worldwid, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We have a couple of key kwp's that have moved up to 1st page from 2nd page which is really good, so I hope they stick.

debunked, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  20. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    For me earlier today 66.102.9.104 reverted to Jagger2 SERPs. Now it is back to Saturday's SERPs again.

... I guess the point I'm trying to make is...

this update is rolling out differently for each site, what I see is not necessarily what you will see

I'm still loving Jagger3 on 66.102.9.104. Traffic's up 40%.

seo-ireland, Nov 8, 2005 IP