1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A really annoying situation with my two websites

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tayiper, Jun 3, 2007.

Hey all. Back then I had a habbit of creating more that one variant of my website (btw. for the exact reason why see the website.html on my main computing-related site under "GENERALLY ABOUT MY WEBSITE" section), and so I did the same in case of my clarinet wooden/wind musical instrument related website that I created a few months ago ...

The first site-variant's URL is http://clarinet.50webs.org (this one is titled "Clarinet informational website"), and the second variant's http://clarinet.50webs.com (and this one "Clarinet: the musical instrument")

However you see, after a few weeks or so after creating both sites (btw. in the mean time I stopped updating the .com variant), I noticed that the mentioned primary .org variant is getting much much more traffic and so I've put the Google AdSense ads only on it. It was all OK for quite some time, and the main variant first got Google PageRank 2, and later even 3, while the .com variant IIRC didn't even have/get one (PR, that is)

But you see, the problem is that a few weeks ago, the main site-variant's PR dropped to 1, while the secondary .com variant PR became 3. And it's even worse, I can see with StatCounter that now the secondary variant is getting more visits (mainly from common/keyword direct Google queries, while the primary is only getting visits from Google Images, although quite a few of them.

Anyways, now I am just curious: do you suggest that I "switch" the sites and put the AdSense ads on a secondary .com variant?? Is maybe the reason in Alexa ranking, i.e. the 'clarinet.50webs.com' rank is 2,277, while the 'clarinet.50webs.org' one's is no less than 32,277 ??!

Thanks in advance for any reply, tayiper

tayiper, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  2. DoA

DoA Peon

Best Answers:
    I would 301 redirect the .com to the .org (there is an argument that .org domains are more trusted by the SE's) and work on promoting & optimising just one site.

If you 301 each individual page then you won't lose rankings!

DoA, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    why not put adsense on both sites?

patataur, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  4. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Seriously. Why not?

Fka200, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As first thanks all for the replies ...

No because I am quite sure that this is not allowed by Google, i.e. the websites are basically identical (that's why I wrote "site-variants"; AFAIK this is what is referred to as "duplicate content"), and thus putting the AdSense ads on both would be a violation of Google AdSense TOS/Policy ...

tayiper

tayiper, Jun 3, 2007 IP