1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody open an ASSISTED YSM account?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by abcd, May 30, 2007.

If you sign up for a yahoo search marketing account, you have the option to sign up for an assisted account, where they create your keywords, ads, help with budget etc.. for $200

Would this be worth the fee? I have a campaign that's getting some conversions, but my campaign needs to be tweeked, since if I raise my budget it doesn't effect my sales, I just get too many unwanted clicks. If I keep my budget lower, I get targeted traffic, but that traffic isn't that much which means I don't get as many sales.

If I was assisted from yahoo, would they be able to get me a high CTR rate? What about the keywords they choose? Do they research these and find effective keywords or do they just use general broad keywords?

Thanks

abcd, May 30, 2007 IP
  2. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.. Glad I found your thread.

I actually just got a call from YSM yesterday sayinig they wanted to provide this service to us for free because we had reached the "Gold" level. I thought that was funny, because we only have a small test campaign that has been running since early March.

They said they want to fully manage our campaign. Write ads, generate keywords etc.

I'm actually waiting on a call back from the guy about getting started, so I will report back how it goes.

I'm also interested in hearing about experiences from people who have used them.

There pitch to me was "We know the system best because it's ours". Makes sense, but I doubt they would do anything to "cut costs".

DavidK1, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  3. abcd

abcd Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to sound skeptic or anything, but that sounds like an unusual response. I spoke to one of Yahoo's reps., the other day, and if you already have an account then they won't offer this, it's only for new customers at this time, but they are working on it to become available to current customers.

You should call Yahoo yourself and make sure this offer is legit before you give out any personal information regarding your account. I've never heard of this "gold" level either.

I consulted one of my affiliate managers about their assisted program and he told me to not go with the offer since it's only for people that don't have any clue to what they're doing.

It makes sense to me, many people work constantly non-stop tweaking and testing their campaigns, if it was that simple everybody would just go to have it done by somebody else for a fraction of the price and just let the income come in.

Unless you had some kind of unique product or something like that, that didn't require the work involved with tweaking and creating a performing campaign in a competitive market. All you needed was some general keywords and due to your niche you were on the first page with some broad terms.

abcd, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  4. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can't wait for the continuation of this! Keep us posted @ David. I've been using overture for like 2 years now but never got any offer like this :)

TatiAnA, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  5. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The guy has called me 4 times over the course of a week. This number is on my caller ID every time. 408.349.3300

Sure thing, TatiAnA. They said they would have a proposal in about a week.

DavidK1, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  6. meditang

meditang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a link to free Assisted sign up - YSM $199 Credit

Haven't tested it though. Might be useful for those looking to join under assisted signup.

meditang, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  7. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    -UPDATE

A couple of days ago I noticed some new campaigns had been created in my account. Today I get a call from the YSM rep I have been working with, and he said he should have the complete proposal very soon.

DavidK1, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  8. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    -UPDATE

This service is completely WORTHLESS!!

I couldn't believe at all the inappropriate and broad keywords, and how they were all jumbled together in one campaign. There were also a lot of keywords for things we DIDN'T sell!

We have maybe 10 different leather lingerie products total for men, and they had this whole campaign with words like "boxer shorts", "underwear", and "vests". The word "leather" was only used in 2 terms.

Everything was also set at .20 clicks. It didn't matter if it was a very broad and general term, or a more specific and detailed one.

Yahoo sure did a lot of fancy talking... but delivered me CRAP!

DavidK1, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  9. Monis

Monis Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes david, I am agree with you. My opinion was same as your.

Monis, Sep 24, 2008 IP