1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Rank Movements

Discussion in 'Google' started by PRBot.Com, Sep 22, 2004.

Has anyone noticed any changes in their pages' SERPS lately?

I have been SEOing a site and I am already seeing huge response in Yahoo and MSN but absolutely NOTHING in G.

For example, I ran my link generator software and gave the site about 10,000 back links and the site is already on the 3rd page of search results for my key words where it was nowhere to be found 5 days ago. It is 11th in MSN where it was not listed at all 5 days ago.

yahoo also shows a few of the links (about 98 last I checked) and MSN showing 23.

Again, absolutely NOTHING in google BUT my log shows google has crawled the site yesterday.

On another note, another site to which I have about 1500 links showing in Yaho and ranks pretty god for a new site shows nothing in Google even after almost 3 months.

The site is unique and not very optimized internally.

I am wondering why G is not seeing the inbound links, not even the 500 directly-related/relevant to my site.

It seems something strange is taking place.

A client who had a site in the to 4 search results in G for the last 7 months and has a PR7 site no longer shows up at all and thei site is not optimized at all except for relatated incoming links coming from PR8 sites.

Again, I am puzzled.

PRBot.Com, Sep 22, 2004 IP
    hooter likes this.
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    could it be the "link generator software" and the "10,000" links? I'm thinking "Sandbox" here. If not just getting the links marked as spam by G.

mopacfan, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I was thinking...

ViciousSummer, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  4. Jenny Barclay

Jenny Barclay Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a thought.......

Why bother with links for Yahoo?

Jenny Barclay, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I purchased a domain name July 30th. Put up site a few days later and worked on on improving site for a few days before I pointed any links to site. I am just now beginning to see a few links to that site appear in Google. This site has not been high on priority list forr optimization.

Notice, I have not pointed thousands of links to site. Have just started with a few usual first steps such as suggest URL to DMOZ. My goal is get it found, get it crawled.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  6. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No offense PR Bot-

but you sound somewhat-well, full of BS.

Your posts read like your some super coder and seo guru -- yet, you dont even consider the possibility that "YOUR" link generator software created 10k links and tossed the site into the sandbox. Even me, a relatve newbie, thought that first thing.

You seem to know all about which SE is doing what with their ranking methods but dont know that google went public weeks ago - (yet own a stock advice site)

Things just dont add up..........

joeychgo, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  7. Spyware Remover

Spyware Remover Peon

Best Answers:
    Wanna fill us in on the link generator software you use?

You can always send me a private message.

AJ

Spyware Remover, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  8. hooter

hooter Member

Best Answers:
    Oh he's full of it all right - just take a look here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=3296&page=3&pp=10
    and here:
    http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.php?t=15274&page=2&pp=15
    and another (especially if you're thinking of giving your email for a link in his ZoneBot directory):
    http://www.ihelpyouservices.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16155&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

There is much more including no less than 3 Yahoo groups with a total of over 200 members dedicated to protecting future victims from his cheesy scams and low-brow histrionics.

Of course never take any ONE person's voice as truth - there is much information out there regarding this person so read and judge for yourself.

hooter, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  9. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    holy moly, thank you very much for sharing this information. This is indeed good to know. One more forum enlightened.

mopacfan, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  10. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, I see you've run across this guy before. Interesting posts. Maybe he'll get his crack legal team on me now too like he threatened in that one post.

11. hooter

hooter Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to assist :cool: - information provided for readers to make their own judgements.

hooter, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  12. hooter

hooter Member

Best Answers:
    And in keeping with an SEO theme, you can read what he thinks about SEO and learn some of his "techniques" here:
    http://www.ooomooo.com/about-seo-services-Search-Engine-Optimization-services.html

The whole site (what there is of it) is...ahem.. "entertaining" if not outright laughable - I really like the technique of spamming over 4,000 "action" forums as he instructs.

hooter, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  13. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Agreed - I just dont see his motivation

14. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, glad he likes us anyway........... :)

Interestingly, the link to digital point he used was his own post 2 weeks ago. (HERE)

I understand his point about posting in forums, it is an easy thing to do, but I wouldnt recommend doing that in any forum that doesnt interest you anyway because most forums are lower pr anyway, and its not worth irritating other webmasters by being spammy... which seems to me to be the first tatic of this guy, imo.

15. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    geez people, pipe down. I use the same link generator for other sites which are doing very well.

Furthermore, I am NOT and SEO Expert at all.

PRBot.Com, Sep 23, 2004 IP