1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If I take off my YPN ads, will i get terminated?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by skunker, May 17, 2007.

Well,
    I've been using YPN on my site since May1 and my earnings have been dropping every day. I'm going to go back to Adsense and was wondering if I could get terminated if I remove YPN from my site? I'd like to keep it as a backup account in case anything happens to my Adsense account. Is this OK?

skunker, May 17, 2007 IP
  2. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have the official word on it, but I stopped using YPN from months before coming back to it and nothing happened to my account.

hextraordinary, May 17, 2007 IP
  3. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would contact YPN to be sure.

Tracey12, May 17, 2007 IP
  4. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Depends if you are making a lot of money and then you just suddenly go to making nothing. I did that and yeah I got terminated... they are strange.

ArcticPro, May 17, 2007 IP
  5. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    didnt you have your ad targetting disabled due to low conversions first though Arctic?

karagold, May 17, 2007 IP
  6. RedWolf

RedWolf Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't figured out all the YPN termination rules yet, but here are a couple... If you sneeze and cover your mouth with your left hand, there's a good chance you'll get terminated. Also watch out... if your first name begins with a vowel, there's a 50% chance that you'll be terminated.

RedWolf, May 17, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  7. wolandutch

wolandutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Friend of mine received this mail:

We have terminated your Yahoo! Publisher Network beta account #### for breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or Program Policies. Your breach includes but may not be limited to sending traffic from users located outside the United States, in violation of Section 11(l) of the Terms and Conditions. In accord with Section 6(a), we will not include such amounts in your payment. We have refunded amounts generated from the non-US users to our advertisers and will pay any remaining amount owed to you in accord with the Terms and Conditions.

Termination for geotargeting is harder for YSM...if you look what an affiliate
    (www.migliori-offerte-grecia.it/a/s/speciale-champions-league.htm) does: he buys italian traffic from google.it and drives visitors to uk advertisers (Sports-tickets-deals.co.uk). :eek:

wolandutch, May 21, 2007 IP
  8. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you won't be terminated.

stackman, May 21, 2007 IP