1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Taking offers - Predicted PR6 forum

Discussion in 'Sites' started by emil2k, Oct 15, 2005.

Im just taking offers for the forum in my sig, its predicted to be a PR6 I have linkks to it on all my high ranking sites.

Just trying to see the prices available

emil2k, Oct 15, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What the heck does that mean?

fryman, Oct 15, 2005 IP
    emil2k likes this.
  3. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7
    I guess that this means that while it is now PR 0, it is such a good site that, one day, it will be PR 6.

Rod, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  4. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this sarcasm :confused:...anywayz what i meant was that it has high back links and should be a PR6 this update I just wanted an estimate of how much it would cost if it were a PR6....

Please dont post comidic comments like "Why not ask what it be with a PR10" dont want comments on predicting PR...just like to now how much would web dev forum with a PR6 be sold for...

Thanks everybody :)

Can somebody please tell me why I got red rep for this topic, is there something inappropriate?

emil2k, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  5. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It really depends on traffic and revenue and not the little green bar in most cases.

mightyb, Oct 15, 2005 IP
    frankm likes this.
  6. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PR 6, with a thousand pages, is worth $1,000 US - if KW's are competitive.

D

bigdoug, Oct 15, 2005 IP
    emil2k likes this.
  7. BillyParadise

BillyParadise Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Interesting. My baseline has been a $1 CPM. If I have 1000 page views, I'm pretty $^$#@ sure I can get a dollar from it. Number of pages never really entered into it.

Perhaps the algorhythm should be updated ;)

BP

BillyParadise, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  8. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks dog, cause i ve seen some really bad sites go for like 5,000 on that DN forums just cause they got some PR

emil2k, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  9. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am a member of that forum and never seen such sites, no one would spend 5k on a site because of its PR, why don't you post a few links to those sales?

fryman, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  10. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It depends on the links. A solid PR 6 could be worth 5k. But if the PR is backed by your own sites, it's worth little, since you may remove the links in the future.

hurricane_sh, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  11. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here fryman, I dont rememmber the five grand site but it was some stupid little directory with a PR of 5 and people where going crazy over it i think he ended up selling for like $4,200...

Anywayz here is a horrible site that got sold for $600 or atleast recieved an offer of $600: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=115414&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Buy+site

Please dont start arguing with me about the value of that site or give me a bad rep for writing this sentence :mad: like you did on my first post but if you noticed i could have retaliated to a totally idiotic red rep but i didnt i give you some green rep to make you feel better about yourself and maybe help resolve some internal problems that you are taking out on my rep ;)

So please stop thrashing my thread, ok ;) ...

emil2k, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  12. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How much does your site make a month? That is the starting point for determining value. It must have good traffic from your other sites linking to it, so how much is it making?

With that said, the big negative here is that you are the one inflating the PR by linking to it.... Which makes your traffic and revenue much more of a risk to any buyer. That said, you could probably get more if you offered it with a one year guarantee that you will keep your links to it live.... Or something like that.... Because without those links it sounds like it won't have much traffic. And without traffic, no revenue....

In any case....Good luck!

my3cents, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  13. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If he makes his site a PR6 by linking from other high PR sites he owns, then those sites have no value to him because as soon as he sells links on those sites it will dilute the PR given to the directory.

It's almost like a Ponzi scheme.

Roman, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  14. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    xxhttp://www.freelang.net/ seems to be a legit PR 6 that links to xxhttp://beta.libagent.org/ which has basically no other back links but is a PR 6 which in turn links to xxhttp://forum.gig4free.com/ again with almost no other backlinks, but a PR 6 is expected.

In this case I'd value your site at $9.99 as the PR is/will be meaningless.

Roman, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  15. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Exscuse me Roman but can you tell me where freelang.net links to beta.libagent.org, which is a subpage of libagent.org that s why it has a PR6, and it it links to my forum because I pay for that link, can you please tell me whats wrong with any of this...and please dont make false claims just because you cannot find creative ways to promote your site and are jealous that i can, I pride myself on marketing and promoting my sites the correct way and this kind of accusation is really not amuzing...Please back up your claims, OK ;)

It seems like your mad about something can you tell me what i ve done cause this is ridicolous...Ask any of my customers I sell good links at cheap prices, thats it...not everybody is out to scam you, it is that simple, Roman.

PS Freelang.net is a legit PR7 not PR6, get your facts straight, also if you check my link selling site and look in the code i have placed nofollow tags in every link...

emil2k, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  16. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    One of my site was predicted pr10 ;) anyways good luck with sale.

westhaven, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  17. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    By which predictor if its the RustyBrick one then it is worthless it doesn tdo anything I use others that estimate better and a lot of people told me that it predicted their correctly the iwebtool is nice also.

I m getting a lot of red rep for this thread which was meant just as a evaluation, a gauge to see the pricing of a site, but I guess the "predicted" word has made several of you angry, i dont understand why and could you please calm it down a bit with the red rep, if it helps you just think of this a hypothetical question, also i sense that a lot of people in the webmaster business are very competitive and just the slightest thing can put them of track,

Sorry but Roman you really pissed me off, with your false claims the links you talk about dont even exist but you claiming some kind of "Ponzi" schene. you know what you're a low-life webmaster who just cant cut it and you are taking it out on me, don't claim things that you know nothing about and go slandering someones name cause you cant cut it, things like this get back to you believe me....

MOD PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

emil2k, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  18. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The links showed up on MSN last night when I checked them. libagent.org has only 30 backlinks listed right now with Google. Your site has 8 backlinks listed with MSN. If as a result you do achieve a PR6, IMHO, it still is a meaningless ranking.

Now take a site like digg.com, 6,830 BLs listed with Google and a PR6. How can you compare the 2?

Roman, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  19. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It has 8 but its a subdomain and thus a subpage of gig4free, check those back links, and for libagent check the PRs of the pages that link to it and then talk...there all PR7 educational sites go hide in your whole now :mad:

emil2k, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  20. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You say you have links to it on your high ranking sites. Maybe Ponzi was not the right word, but it seems to be a chain, not a network and if one link is gone then the PR will plummet. The more links you add to your other sites the more the PR will be diluted for your forum.

The point I am making is that The PR ranking for your forum will have a very shaky foundation and I feel no real value. That's just my opinion, others may want to take you up on your offer if it's cheap enough just to get a higher PR.

Roman, Oct 16, 2005 IP