1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR up... Pages in URL=0 ??

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by michael_angeloh, Oct 12, 2005.

I started noticing some peculiar things happening with Google since the weekend...

First I noticed from my site stat tracker that my traffic was higher than usual for the weekend but when I went to click on the "keyword links" to see where users came from I couldnt find my link on the Google search results pages for about 1/2 my keyword searches..?

Today I run a keyword report on DP and it indicates about 70% of my rankings improved. I go to those keyword positions on Google and they're not there..?

I'm puzzeled. Can anyone here help me get clear..?

Much appreciated...

PS: my site url is: http://1800sunstar.com/

michael_angeloh, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Probably just data center flux...

digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  3. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    Aloha Shawn,

And so this could account for my url not showing up on Google search in keyword positions I'm ranked in top-10 with since the weekend..?

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep, it could.

digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  5. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    and so the rank spots indicated on DP keyword tracker are realtime evidence that they're ranked on google even though they dont show up on search results..?

6. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google has many different data centers and you can have a top ranking on one, and not exist on the other. I've seen some data centers uses rankings that are months old, while others use the current. Google results can also be regional based on your ip- so if you live in Hawaii and have a business that is regionally targeted, a search by yourself might show higher results than most other data centers show since google may think your site is more relevant to people in Hawaii.

The keyword tracker uses the google api so differences in your search will be common. You can use a tool like the McDar to see where you rank on the various data centers.

mjewel, Oct 12, 2005 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  7. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    THANK U MJEWEL..!

I appreciate the expaination. I just have never encountered this situation where I could not find the SERP when researching my keyword (KW) tracking reports before. My sitestats report gives keyword user keyed in to get to my site and usually I click the KW link and always have seen my link in the Google page results. This is the first time I havent been able to do that on about half my KW's. Seemed strange because around the same time it happened (this past weekend) my traffic also went up by around 18%.

At any rate... Google like life... mysterious...
    Mahalos, Michael...

michael_angeloh, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  8. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    UPDATE 101405:

Well it's been about a week now that the DP backlink tracker still shows "0" pages in URL for my website. I checked stats for this on Google and they still list some 100+ pages so still dont know why this isnt showing up on the DP tracker.

The 2nd issue also still exists. As outlined in my original post, last weekend I noticed that when following up the keyword links users found my website with, I wasnt finding my listing in Google serps. (example: tracker shows rank #01 for a keyword. I go to Google page results for that keyword and my url's not there. Not just not in the 1-10 results BUT NOT THERE..?

In the past, I've always been able to locate my listing on Google's search results almost exactly in the serp position indicated by the DP tracker. I received some feedback when I originally posted this inquiry which I appreciate but its still not clear to me how this could be happening for almost a week now.

If anyone has any additional insights I would greatly appreciate hearing from you as I'm at my wits end with this mystery...

PS: my site url is: http://1800sunstar.com/

michael_angeloh, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The pages in URL will only update if your back links change (it's a back link tracker primarily, not a pages in URL tracker).

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  10. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn,

If this is the case why would it have gone from 100+ pages in URL to zero..?

Also any input on the other SERP item..?

11. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    OK... they showed UP in another account and now suddenly all my url listings are back in the Google SERPs nnd look better than ever...

Lesson...? good things come to them that wait..?

Sounds good. Thanx Shawn... thanx all..!

12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pages in URL will only change (up or down) when back links change.

Don't have anything to add on the SERP thing other than what I said in previous posts (sorry).

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2005 IP