1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Elite..

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shadow213, Oct 11, 2005.

while searching for tips on SEO i landed on this page...
    its a software called SEO Elite...
    ..boasts of a lot of features...to help u getting good ranks in SEs...
    just wanted ur reviews on this...and has ne1 on DP used this..
    thanx

shadow213, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  2. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea, I like it. I've had it for 2 months and have about 30 links so far; some pr4 (my site is still pr0)

ronmojohny, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  3. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a very handy piece of software, however it's not always as cool as the promo videos suggest. It does take some getting used to, and not all the email addresses it gives are the "correct" ones, so i tend to still check the sites it culls for me.

Still, if the person understands that it's no "wonder software" then I'd say go for it.

relixx, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  4. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used it but never rele got along with it (the free version that is), i prefer to use WebCeo but theres only a couple of features i use on that.

just-4-teens, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  5. JamieC

JamieC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i've got it, it's not bad, especially with the US economy going south and it being priced in $$ :D

It's not that great for link building IMHO but it's certainly useful for its data mining capabilities. One major downside is the constant e-mithers from this guy called Brad Callen, who appears to be almost incessantly cheerful, signing off with things like "I hope you have a FANTASTIC day!" and "Here's to your EVERLASTING sucess, my friend!" - not what I want at 8am and still on my first cup of tea! ;)

It's worth getting, basically.

JamieC, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  6. conlhan

conlhan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using it on and off for about a year. There are some very useful features. Also regular upgrades at no cost.

Not so sure about the find and submit using submission forms as it only seems to find website forms provided my Linkmanager.

I would recommend it.

For SEO I have also have good success with Adwords Analyser.

conlhan, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  7. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    If you actually read some of the articles he writes (and read them properally) there is quite a lot of good free SEO information in there.

just-4-teens, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  8. JamieC

JamieC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. The SEO Elite forums are also pretty good.

JamieC, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  9. shadow213

shadow213 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanx for ur comments...i personally tried AddWeb...did not like it that much tho...switched to webceo...find it a bit cumbersome...was looking for some tool that does the submissions...keyword analysis...and some basic SEO stuff....any comments on this...

shadow213, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  10. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    common misconception; the us economy is actually doing quite well right now. the dollar is what's going south, but the strength of a currency isn't the way to judge an economy.

kkibak, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  11. JamieC

JamieC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree - to a point. The strength of a currency is indeed a poor indicator of the quality of an economy. The price of currency is set just like anything else on the open market - if people are buying, it goes up, if people are selling, it goes down.

Having said that, the majority of people buying are currency speculators employed by major banks. They are buying and selling currency based on their anticipation of what it is going to be worth. The core value of currency is set by its purchasing power. In this way, they are tracking the performance of the nation as a whole, and therefore the value of a currency should roughly reflect the direction of nation's economy.

Think in terms of share prices - generally, the share price of a company reflects its economic potential - a company that turns over $2million a year will generally have a lower share price than a company that turns over $20million a year. There are always exceptions however - British Telecom has undergone a major restructuring over the last couple of years, shedding a few major divisions and streamlining its product range. It has sucessfully begun turning a profit and has paid healthy dividends. Its share price has actually dropped slightly, from the low it entered once it emerged that the company had an overdraft of over £1.6billion several years ago. The flipside of this is something like Skype, that as we all know is grossly overvalued when you examine its current turnover and lack of real profits. However, typically the traders get it right, and the value of a company as determined by its share price is broadly accurate.

For nations that are net importers, it is highly desirable to have a highly valued currency as they will get more for their money - yes, it will harm manufacturing (and therefore exports), but in developed nations manufacturing is declining.

Ultimately, the price of any asset is dictated by its percieved value by buyers - if share traders have confidence in the management of a company, with a few notable exceptions, they will buy shares in it and push the price up. Equally, currency traders will buy currency when they have confidence in the management of the country that they are "buying into" - which brings me nicely on to my next point;

The United States is the world's biggest debtor AND the worlds largest creditor - a sure sign of mismanagement and a failing economy. The UK is almost as bad, as are many other western nations. A lack of manufacturing was for a while compensated for by ridiculous trade restrictions (such as the current bra wars beween the US / EU and China) and heavy investment in the service industry. However even services are now being exported to developing countries. The most highly educated city in the world is not Boston or Cambridge - it's Seoul. IT is being exported to India, manufacturing to China. The trade deficit is widening. Soon all you'll have left is aerospace and communications infrastructure. Eventually the crippling trade agreements that the US has forced onto developing nations will expire, and the US will no longer have the power to renew them (again, the EU is just as bad).

The US economy will certainly survive, its developed status and determindely capitalist population will ensure that it remains competitive - however at the moment it really is not doing "quite well". Bear this in mind; I can't now find the exact figures, but on Monday or Tuesday I was reading a long article in the business section about how General Motors - the world's largest car maker - made a $1.1billion loss last year - the only reason the company is still afloat is because it was bailed out by its foreign divisions, principally in Canada.

I'm looking forward to a good discussion on this one, perhaps if we're going to continue a moderator could move it all to a new thread?

- Jamie ;)

JamieC, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  12. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    It has some really cool link building features and I would, alone, recommend it just for that. Also comes with other incentives such as templated e-mails, analyzing backlinks, checking backlinks, etc. Well worth the money, IMO.

charless, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  13. shadow213

shadow213 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey charles thanx...and thanx also for sticking to the topic..

shadow213, Oct 14, 2005 IP