1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google "gives head" to premium domains

Discussion in 'SEO' started by guru-seo, Apr 20, 2007.

Here is some proof that having a premium domain that has your main keywords on it is loved by Big G.

American Baby Toys is only a few days old and already is 3rd for "american baby toys" that generates 17,400,000 results on G!

http://www.google.com/search?q=american+baby+toys&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

No backlinks, no PR just basic OPO
    I'm sure it might drop of the face of the earth in a few weeks, but it is nice to see that it can enjoy a top 10 spot for a little while.

guru-seo, Apr 20, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007, Bebicul and Briant like this.
  2. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Strange choice of words for the thread title.

Interesting though.

checksum, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  3. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    If you actually search for "american baby toys" it returns 2 results so I'm suprised they rank so low for it without the "s.

It's normal for a site to hit high rankings just after being indexed then drop out for several months.

Roman, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  4. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, what an incredible find feat. Absolutely ZERO competition. How did they got to the top 10 for phrase that NO ONE is targeting??? Are you saying they did it just by buying a domain name that no one else cared about?

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22american+baby+toys%22

Amazing. Brilliant find. So, just out of curiosity, how much are you charging clients per hour for your genius seo services? Oh, and you're sure it's going to drop off the face of the Earth because...? The onslaught of spammers who will now attack that much coveted phrase perhaps?

-Michael

mvandemar, Apr 20, 2007 IP
    lorien1973 likes this.
  5. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The advertisers competition is not tough for that keyword.

What I can see through iwebtool visual pagerank is that almost all the enteries have pr 0. and this keyword is searching very less and nearly no search for the day.

You may check http://www.iwebtool.com/visual/?dom...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&nofw=1&ex=1 to see that the first search result belongs to PR 0.

Btw, I beleive that having keyword in your domain name does matter but not that much, just a little bit.

imnajam, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    guru-seo is just shilling his anti-bush site and putting this topic in google. he could be less obvious about it, though.

lorien1973, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  7. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why don't you build a site that praises him instead of being a "Hater"? You sure are entitled to your version of things.

Velocity likes this.
  8. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    so you admit that this isn't really a google topic, you are just shilling? I'm shocked :rolleyes:

if you are really an "seo guru" - this thread is really a sad testament to your abilities. I'm #2 on a term with 2 competitors. Awesome. Wait you are #1. I worship you. ;)

9. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Please do not hijack my threads dude, go bitch and moan somewhere else! Hater!

10. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Who's hijaacking? your walking around like a peacock over a phrase that exactly 2 websites target and calling it a "premium domain" . You either

trying to sell the domain by calling it what it -clearly- isnt.
    hocking your political diatribe in the google forum
    or don't have a clue about SEO

I think my take is the most favorable to you.

And the content is ripped from http://www.babybushtoys.com/ ; you aren't even original.

11. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Again if you have something against me personality hold those reservations to your self as I do not care to hear them. You come here attacking me personally and spewing hate towards what I am doing, if you do not approve of my posts than why do you keep following me around? This thread is about a specific topic why the FUCK do you try to spin it to fit your agenda?

12. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is he shilling? You mean American Baby Toys is an anti Bush site? Wow. I mean, hell, I'm all for training em young to spot the antichrist and all that, I just think that by the time that target audience gets to be voting age, even if he were to declare martial law and suspend the 2 year presidential term, he'll be pretty much too old to be a threat to world peace anymore.

Unless you think he's preening his offspring to be presidents as well? Cause, ya know, as evil as his family is I could dig more pics of Jenna in the press. Such a cutie. /sigh

Edit: NM! I see it now. My bad, you are right. I thought it was actually a baby toy store. :p

-Michael

13. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    If thier is not much traffic for the search term what good is the high position. The site might drop off in few days or could stay in 3rd place because no one is trying to get listed for that term.

rcj662, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  14. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I dont have anything against you. Someone else (2 people actually) pointed out the same fact I did. You keep reviving the topic here.

You posted the exact same site in the P&R forum, so clearly your agenda is more than "hey, look how I rank"

You're being less obvious than normal.

Thanks for that addition. Glad I'm not the only who sees it now :D

Here's the other post for this same site, lest anyone think I'm just smackin around guru-seo for no reason:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=305170

Will.Spencer likes this.
  15. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you kinda make the rest of us real Bush haters look bad by using slimy dishonest tactics for self promotion.

Seriously.

-Michael

16. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The title of this thread is hilarious.....and I think its alrady established that no one targets that keword so that's why the site was able to rank so high.....

The real reason why sites that have keywords in their domain usually do well is because it is easier for users to remember it and when the url is used as the link, you still have your keywords as anchor text.

oseymour, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  17. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:

HA HA HA HA HA :)

heheheheheheheh

Thats the reason I opened the thread also google gives ????

adnan, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  18. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Different thread...different intent? This is the Google thread talking about the ranking aspect of the site, the other is under entertainment for the rest to enjoy... different purposes... why is that such a difficult concept to grasp or such a difficult fact to accept?

19. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratultions on being the leader of your own market.
    I am considering the registration of american-baby-toys-directory.com, and selling you some links to improve your rank.

Computer(Jew), Apr 20, 2007 IP
    ly2 likes this.
  20. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure Google will love you!!!

Briant likes this.