1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my website: tadejpersic.50webs.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by tayiper, Apr 19, 2007.

Hello everyone, I am asking you all to review my general personal website titled simply Tadej's website: http://tadejpersic.50webs.com/index.htm (it is only a some sort of a navigational website), which is written in valid XHTML and CSS (mostly "by-hands" and with a bit of copy/paste), and is edited/updated by me only.

The website basically describes and lists links to my other websites and blogs (i.e. it is not computing-related, nor non-computing related), and it is, as already mentioned above, a some sort of a navigational site. Note however that it is not finished yet, for instance I yet need to decide which colour to choose for background and link-colouring (i.e. visited, hover, active), then I need to choose a "favicon.ico" file to use on all the site's pages, also, I will probably change the "table-based" layout into "CSS-based" one and so on.

In short: I am simply asking for any web-coding related feedback; I mean feedback in regard to general document coding (i.e. HTML, CSS etc.), and also feedback on AdSense ad-placement and so on.

thanks in advance, tayiper

tayiper, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  2. mactep

mactep Active Member

Best Answers:
    pick up a bigger font

thats my suggestion

mactep, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  3. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using the same blue background for your adsense ads for better blending. Also the site could use a new header design.

8everything, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  4. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    you might want to reorganize the content... imho, there is too much white space around text, the menu should be moved to the top, adsense ads could be blended a bit better, etc.

baumann93, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all guys for the constructive replies. Yeah, it is not even nearly finished yet, while regarding the background colour, banner and other suggestions; you see, I sort of used the code from my main computing-related Tadej's computing homepage website (for instance for the table in the middle in particular from the intro.html page) as a template for it.

tayiper

tayiper, Apr 20, 2007 IP