1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Registerfly's auth codes back

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Your Content, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Well I have lots of domains still sit at Registerfly because my portfolio was designed to be renewed in a per month basis, not all at once.

However, ignoring the final fate of my domains I'm moving as many as I can among the older, more valued and those with an undergoing project.

In this attempt I found that few of my domains had missing authorization codes. Is not quantity but lack of information the problem when time is running out.

Today I know two things for granted:

1. There are 30 more days to save your domains as already posted here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=284822

2. There is a way to get your authorization codes and unlock your domain in about 48 hours.

HERE IS HOW:

• Double check your Registerfly's domains.
      This information applies for those which whois details have blank auth Code, no information at the bottom of the whois, or "Auth Code: RPP"
    • Make sure your administrative email is update or disable ProtectFly if necessary. Some corrupted codes are sent via email instead.
    • If your are unable to update/disable Protectfly, don't worry, your code will be placed back where it belongs after support attends your request.
    • Jot down your domains and click on "Manage My Account" in the top navigation bar. You will be taken back to Account Control Panel
    • Instead of using Customer Support in the top or bottom, scroll down to find in the left middle area your Support Ticket Center.
    • There you will see a link with your number of active tickets, even if 0, i.e. You have 3 new/updated tickets
    • Click on that link and you will be sent directly to the Support Center. Click on "create ticket" and agree with the terms.
    • You are ready to fill in your ticket, but before anything else forget about swearing, moan or request anything else than your authorization codes or your ticket might be at risk of being ignored.
    • Use the dropbox to find the corresponding Support Area, scrolling down until see "Obtaining Authorisation codes for your domain"
    • Your browser will refresh and now you are able to send your request. Keep it short focusing only on request authorization codes
    • Copy there your list of affected domains, one item per line.
    • Allow 24 hours for a reply. People in this area is attending requests and unlocking domains even if you don't mention this requeriment.

I got back my missing codes in less than 24 hours after submitting a ticket this way, but they said that biz domains would require up to 5 days to show off the authorization code below the whois due to Neulevel's administrative procedure, and it was that way.

After requesting your codes, they will reappear below your whois.

WHAT IS COMING NEXT?

Move away, I suggest MyDomain because after an exhaustive research it has the lowest price to accomplish this "flight", just $5 using the promo code registerflies. Paypal accepted.

www.mydomain.com/reginfo.php

If you are wanting to move a single domain, the best offer is www.dreamhost.com, transfer for free plus one year free hosting with promo code FLYAWAY

www.dreamhost.com

Domain and hosting at regular fees apply for the second year, with option to move away your domain by then.

NOTE: this promo was up until March 31, but still popping up, contact support to see if still available

If you go with MyDomain, this is the procedure:

• Make sure your administrative email is correctly set at Registerly.
    • Open a free MyDomain account and click transfer from the main page, bottom left menu.
    • You will be presented with a bulk transfer form, whether you transfer one domain or one thousand.
    • Introduce your domains and continue to second step.
    • Write down your promo code and update your cart by clicking on the right menu to reflect discount prices before proceed with step 3.
    • Choose from 3 payment options; credit card in profile, new credit card or Paypal.
    • Mydomain will send you an email to your administrative email, accept!
    • Wait 48 hours before you hear from Registerfly, which also will send an email to accept or decline the transfer.
    • Once accepted, your domain will be released immediately and transfer occurs in no time.

I'm succeeding with all transfers made this way :)

Your Content, Apr 3, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  2. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you don't mind I share this information. What's your link so I can give
    credit where it's due?

Dave Zan, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  3. Your Content

Your Content Banned

Best Answers:
    Your Content, Apr 3, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.