1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I get a refund from Paypal?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Aragorn, Mar 23, 2007.

I recently bought a website. The payment was made through paypal. I had selected the reason as service. But now the domain owner is no more interested in transferring the domain to me. Can I get a refund of my money?

Aragorn, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Paypal is just a payment processor. To get a refund, you need to get the domain owner to initiate it. However, if you tried that option and failed, you can open a dispute through Paypal and Paypal will mitigate the situation. They will usually rule in the customer favor as long as you could provide evidence that the other party fails to complete his side of the bargain.

eddy2099, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  3. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as a domain transfer is considered what are the evidences that I can provide? can you plz suggest some? Thanks a lot :)

Aragorn, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  4. Luke Beale

Luke Beale Peon

Best Answers:
    Knowing paypal they won't do much, sorry :(

How much did you pay for the domain?

Luke Beale, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Precisely, he did not deliver. Maybe you can copy and paste any information about the sale transaction and the agreement you have with the other party.

If you have received the domain name, you will have evidence of the transfer. If not, then you have a case.

You can also submit a WhoIs for that domain name so at least if it does not show yours and the seller agrees to sell you and there was the exchange of money, you should be able to get your money back.

Paypal usually sides with the buyer and the seller needs to provide evidences of delivery and since he cannot, you have a 95% chance of getting your money back.

This works as I have done so before. In my case, the seller got afraid and refunded me the money :)

eddy2099, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  6. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot. I've asked for a refund if he cannot transfer to me the domain in 2 days time.

Aragorn, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  7. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    File a complaint with paypal asap. Log into your account and go into security center. That will at least keep it on file and he will have to respond with a refund there. Because you selected service, may be a bit more challenging.

pc_user, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  8. Marmann

Marmann Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting a refund from Paypal is like trying to waltz with an alligator.

I specifically read on their site that if they are paid with a credit card and there is a refund, then the refund will be put on that same credit card.

After waiting forever with "completed" showing regarding my refund, and after the seller IMMEDIATELY issuing the refund, now, suddenly, they need my bank account information, routing number, etc., and I'll have to wait yet ANOTHER week for them to do anything, if, indeed, they ever DO issue the refund.

I'll continue to use eBay, but I'll NEVER use Paypal again.

Marmann, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  9. linkmanage

linkmanage Banned

Best Answers:
    you can't get service refund.

linkmanage, Jul 15, 2009 IP