1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The "About 260 Problem" in Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by TatiAnA, Mar 6, 2007.

Well guys, i just found an answer to my question regarding my pages removed by google and thought about sharing this to others having the same problem. When you do a site:domain.com query in google, they used to display all the site's pages indexed in Google. But the past few weeks, a lot of people were getting "see the results we ommitted" at the bottom of the first page!

This freaked me out honestly. But for those of you experiencing this, you shouldn't be bothered.Vanessa Fox at Google Webmaster Central clarified the issues about this.

See full post here: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/03/using-site-command.html

TatiAnA, Mar 6, 2007 IP
    ajsa52 likes this.
  2. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing.

The most interesting parts for me are:
    "...Any pages in supplemental results display "Supplemental Result" beside the URL..."
    I dind't notice that before.

"...site: search with no associated query..."
    You must use "site:www.yoursite.xxx" or "site:yoursite.com" without spaces in query.

And a question, why is titled "260 problem" ?

ajsa52, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  3. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because when you do a site: query, and you're one of those domain owner having this issue, you will see this message on the result:

"Results 1 - 4 of about 260 from www.yourdomain.com"

You can try site:usa.gov, they are one of those experiencing this.

TatiAnA, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  4. Sunny side

Sunny side Banned

Best Answers:
    There is nothing bad about it - every page of a site should be unique, I had 2 pages out of 20 in supplemental - i had a closer look and saw that I did not personalized the title - so I did it - and now have all of them out of supplemental!

Sunny side, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  5. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    The supplemental is different from the 260 problem issue.

TatiAnA, Mar 6, 2007 IP