1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the most preferred price for web hosting(unlimited)?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by dhamaniasad, Dec 2, 2012.

?

What is your preferred price of choice for unlimited shared web hosting?(monthly)

Poll closed Dec 9, 2012.
  1. $1-$10

80.0%
  2. $10-$15

20.0%
  3. $15-$20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $20-$100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Give your opinion about the most preferred price for simple shared web hosting in the poll.

dhamaniasad, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as unlimited hosting. It's a huge marketing scam.

WSWD, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  3. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    Unlimited as in disk space and bandwidth. Now if you say you'll upload a petabyte it won't be possible, but otherwise it won't matter how much you upload, because if the host runs out of space, they can always kick in more drives

dhamaniasad, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  4. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Free is nice, but sometimes very limited. The more you pay, the more you get. I recall one of the gurus at a seminar said that he had a decicated server that he was paying over $400/month for. He had a very successful business with a team of 20-30 people selling his own product line.

I just today signed up for a cloud hosting account with root access. For a few dollars more I could set it up for a resellers account. I can host as many domains as I care to load it up with.

hostgator and hostmonster have accounts that promise unlimited accounts. Of course unlimited in a practical sense is as many as you can register. You need to get very familiar with cpanel.

You can also setup sub-domains for testing and later connect them to your (new) domain. I plan to setup a number of them where the sub-domain names are keyword rich. Maybe an exact match for the domain name of the offer. Just now trying it. like trainyourpuppy.mydomain(.)com (just made that up for illustration).

If you are just starting, hostgator might be a way to go. I think they will also give you a one time Google adwords certificate to get your initial traffic going. Google wants to get you hooked

davetrebas, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes...that's a scam. There is no such thing. It's just a matter of kicking in more drives huh? And how many drives do you think these host's servers can hold? And how many drives is the host going to "kick in"? If I wanted to upload 100TB of data, do you think the host is going to keep "kicking in" $200 hard drives for me, while I pay $4 or $5 a month? And what do you mean I can't upload a petabyte of data? I thought it was unlimited...i.e. no limits at all. Now you're saying there are limits? Well that's somewhat contradictory, don't you think?

WSWD, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  6. KVChosting_

KVChosting_ Member

Best Answers:
    Their prices are not high as I see.

KVChosting_, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  7. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    The more you pay the more you get isn't always necessarily true. There are many companies that oversell their vps's and their pricing is much beyond lets say hostgator's, but the resources are lower. And these companies are nowhere near as big as hostgator or rackspace. I am not just starting, I already have around 3 hosting accounts(shared), 1 VPS, and 2 cloud servers. And all are from different providers. I do use the sub-domain approach, I have around 8 domains, and more than 30 subdomains. And unlimited is practically not possible, everyone should know that. But unlimited is like you can upload as much as you can, like if they put up a RAID configuration of 100 TB drives, there's no way you could upload that much data, and if you could, you can obviously afford to setup a datacenter or colocate.

dhamaniasad, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  8. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the host has to, because they've promised you unlimited storage. I am not arguing on this. I know as well that its practically impossible to have unlimited storage, but if you ever run out of storage, the host has to add more storage, because they made a promise for it in the start. And by saying that you cant upload a petabyte of data, I mean it isn't practically possible. Even on the worlds fastest 'home' internet connection, it would take more than atleast a year, and if you have a petabyte stored locally, its quite obvious you can afford to start your own datacenter. You can upload as much as you locally have, if your internet connection is that fast. Sometime the host might run out of disk space, and they'll do two things, they'll either increase the storage, or give you a refund and ask you to go elsewhere. And in a shared environment atleast, they are running more than a hundred people minimum on a single server, and they won't like it if hundreds of their customers get pissed and start fuming and shouting at them. So they have to increase the storage space or kick you out. But AFAIK, all the hosts use NAS, so they can just plug in another drive on the storage rack and you have more storage. They dont plug the drives in locally.

9. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    What I usually do is study what features I would need and what resources I would need. Then look at the top hosts who can fulfill these requirements, and go with the one who has them for the cheapest, or the one who has the most useful additional features, like SSL or dedicated ip's.

10. bebuddy

bebuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    i thinh the price should be $1 to $10

bebuddy, Dec 9, 2012 IP