1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Craigslist.org Scam Information

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OutBackPro3, Nov 7, 2012.

I'm posting this information to maybe help someone that might search the following information to help them investigate possible Craigslist / internet scams they might receive. I think it would be great to send this person (whos address is listed below) an explosive surprise since there is no way to actually catch a scammer in nigera.... Also reporting scams like this and complaining to email and hosting providers is pretty much a waste of time as all they do is turn off the account for the scammer to simply just create another account. Eventually some dumb ass falls victim to these predators. I think if we post pertinent information about these scammers (where ever possible), perhaps we can either reduce the scams or educate people from being scammed.

ok, so here's the scam..

Earlier today I got a text message from phone# 202-643-6185 stating that a person wanted to buy a digital camera I had listed for sale on craislist.org The person said that they wanted to pay me with PAYPAL and for me to send them a paypal invoice to

Wanting to catch this person, I thought I would play along and see how much information I could gather from them, I sent a paypal invoice for $680 (as they requested) to that email address (which does not have a paypal account by the way), but I sent it regardless to see what would happen.

They responded to me again via text stating that they got my money request and have paid it and for me to check my email address for payment confirmation. I checked my email and received 2 emails from them, one is attached as you can see, the other is asking me to send the product to their "partner" over seas and then payment will be released right away.

(yeah right)

Since they replied to my money request email with my first and last name, they are obviously were in control of a real working AOL.com email account but of course they did not send the money to my paypal account. Instead, their email was very authentic looking claiming that the buyer has paid and waiting for me to ship the item. Once item has been received, their money will be released. Of course this is a scam, but it would be great to actually catch this person rather than just shut down their email and website hosting accounts.

Here is the shipping address where they want me to send the item (along with some additional email header information), but unfortunately (and of course) they are from Nigera.

----- Forwarded message from -----
    Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:02:35 +0000
    From: "service@intl.paypal.com" <dept_trackingmanager01@in.com>
    Reply-To: "service@intl.paypal.com" <dept_trackingmanager01@in.com>
    Subject: ***Notification Of Instant Payment Received From Sharon Powel (sharon_powel@aol.com)***
    To: (xxxxxx)

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:02:35 +0000 [02:02:35 PM CST]
    Delivered-To: xxxxxx
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Message-ID: <CAB-AZw+6u7O90yztp5DH2KOUiJZJM=DFPWYjq_T7yZpGLBP-qw@mail.gmail.com>
    Received:

(qmail 19178 invoked from network); 7 Nov 2012 14:03:06 -0600
    from mail-pa0-f65.google.com (209.85.220.65) by mail.xxxxxx.com with (RC4-SHA encrypted) SMTP; 7 Nov 2012 14:03:06 -0600
    by mail-pa0-f65.google.com with SMTP id fa10so1026486pad.4 for <xxxxxx>; Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:02:35 -0800 (PST)
    by 10.68.223.66 with SMTP id qs2mr2217260pbc.139.1352318555422; Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:02:35 -0800 (PST)
    by 10.68.64.195 with HTTP; Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:02:35 -0800 (PST)

Received-SPF: pass (mail.xxxxxx.com: SPF record at _spf.google.com designates 209.85.220.65 as permitted sender)
    Return-Path: <laryjohn30@gmail.com>
    Sender:
    Subject: ***Notification Of Instant Payment Received From Sharon Powel (sharon_powel@aol.com)***

Nov:07 2012 PDT Invoice number 00017

Hello (xxxxxx)

You have an instant payment of $680.00 USD from Sharon Powel (sharon_powel@aol.com)

Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few hours for this transaction to appear in your account.

*Seller Protection *- Eligible
    ------------------------------

Shipping address - confirmed
    Name: john powel, adddress:11,Ijikoyejo,street,ijeshatedo
    City: Surulere..
    State: Lagos.. Zipcode:23401..
    Shipping details

<Snkrfetishh@gmail.com>*

[image: http://www.hyphenet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/usps.jpg]

USPS EXPRESS MAIL

DescriptionUnit price Qty Amount
    *Sony camera equipment*
    $680.00 USD 1
    $680.00USD Shipping and handling $80.00 USDSubtotal $600.00 USD *
    Total* * **$680.00 USD*

Payment sent to *xxxxxx*
    *xxxxxx*

Issues with this transaction?
    You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Security Center

IMPORTANT NOTE: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "*APPROVED*" but will not be credited to your account
    until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.Below are the necessary
    information requested before your account will be credited.Send tracking number to this email * ** *and our Customer
    security service center will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

***PLEASE NOTE***
    Once item has been shipped and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team informing you that the Fund has been credited.

Questions? mail our agent in charge of your transaction at*
    <http://us.mc593.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=trackingmanager@consultant.com>
    * or reply this mail for assistance.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, log in to
    your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click Notifications.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

2nd email...

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:03:27 +0000 [02:03:27 PM CST]
    Delivered-To: xxxxxx
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Message-ID: <CAB-AZwKC4Dc68RWv=TdVGcnvvrNKLT2mzRMPM=0vD_=xow-GOA@mail.gmail.com>
    Received:

(qmail 19190 invoked from network); 7 Nov 2012 14:03:27 -0600
    from mail-pa0-f65.google.com (209.85.220.65) by mail.xxxxxx.com with (RC4-SHA encrypted) SMTP; 7 Nov 2012 14:03:27 -0600
    by mail-pa0-f65.google.com with SMTP id fa10so1026486pad.4 for <admin@xxxxxxx.com>; Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:03:27 -0800 (PST)
    by 10.68.224.161 with SMTP id rd1mr17205708pbc.49.1352318607107; Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:03:27 -0800 (PST)
    by 10.68.64.195 with HTTP; Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:03:27 -0800 (PST)

Received-SPF: pass (mail.xxxxxxxx.com: SPF record at _spf.google.com designates 209.85.220.65 as permitted sender)
    Return-Path: <laryjohn30@gmail.com>
    Sender:
    Subject: ***CONFIRMATION FROM PAYPAL DESK***

Dear xxxxxx,

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number and receipt is sent to us for verification. This security measure is embark on, due to the fact that the buyer was subscribed under PayPal User Protection Policy so as to secure the buyer's transaction.

Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number and the receipt to us through this mail and our customer care service will attend to you. As soon as you send the shipment's tracking number and receipt to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller, the money will be credited to your account.

** PLEASE NOTE**
    Once item has been shipped and the tracking number sent to us,you will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team informing you that the Fund has been credited
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team
    Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
    Société en Commandite par Actions
    Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
    RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

OutBackPro3, Nov 7, 2012 IP