1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Why is scammer sjorgen11 not banned here?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012.

I think multiple people, myself included, has been scammed by this scammer, and yet his account is not banned and DP is allowing him to scam more people? That's quite incredible.

NOTE: He changed his user name to loverslife2k right before he got banned. The user has been banned.

Evidences that he has been scamming other people (I did not post any one of them):

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2560497&p=18072634#post18072634 (got the money and ran away)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2574822&p=18130500#post18130500 (No further reply on the thread after his scam has been spotted)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2319266&p=16965706#post16965706 (Again got the money and ran away)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2572714&p=18140789#post18140789 (Again, got the money and ran away, for the third time at least!)

And most ridiculously, he had one VB license (I am not sure even he does) that he has been selling for multiple times, every time he got the money and disappeared.

May I ask the mods here, how many more times that this dude would scam people before he is banned to post here? Is DP a scammer's heaven?

Thanks for the clarification.

Solved! View solution.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate,

I can't answer why a bottom-feeder like him hasn't been banned (I'm not a mod), but anyone who has been scammed by him should leave negative iTrader. At least then it's easier for other people to see he is a scammer and that he has a reputation for being scum. Sadly, sometimes people fear a negative iTrader in return too much.

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  3. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried, and guess what? iTrader refused to let me leave feedback because that scammer did not acknowledge there has been a transaction taken place. Thanks for the suggestion though.

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  4. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Did you actually do business with him?

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  5. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    He asked me to pay via Paypal, I paid him and he disappeared...the payment was not made through DP.

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  6. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you have already raised PayPal chargeback claim.

aap, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  7. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    And hopefully we can find out who this scammer really is and at least give him some public shame.

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are asking us to ban someone for something they did outside of our own site, it's not something we do. You could have steal a car in real life and we aren't going to ban you because that has nothing to do with this site.

That being said, if you see them doing anything that violates our rules ON our site, use the Report Post option and we will look at it.

digitalpoint, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  9. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    So let me understand it right, posting scamming advertisements is not against rules on DP?

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Of course it's not allowed. But it sounds like you are assuming we are clairvoyant or something. If we read his advertisement, would we know it was a scam somehow?

11. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I have presented evidence in the main post that multiple people on DP has reported this guy disappeared after collecting money from people, isn't that enough?

And I am not saying you need to ban him BEFORE he posted, but now I have aggregated all the evidences, do you think this would be sufficient to ban this scammer? Thanks.

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  12. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    If you look, he's banned, but for duplicate accounts probably ("loverslife2k").

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  13. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he simply changed his user name before he was banned...take a look at all the posts I linked to, it is now all pointing to loverslife2k, this guy is a pro :)

@mods: thanks

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
    I wish that were the case. The problem we deal with is that users will attempt to take advantage of everything we do. It would be great if everything everyone posted was absolutely true... then a couple users *saying* they were scammed could be treated as the "word of God" and we could take action. Unfortunately we are also faced with people taking advantage of us doing so and they get a couple friends together and they all come on and say you scammed them (as an example), but you didn't really... now what? Do we blindly ban you without letting you tell your side of the story because of something a couple random people we don't know on the Internet said about you?

I'm not saying the guy didn't scam people, but you also have to look at the bigger picture. If we are going to start banning people because someone said they haven't responded to them fast enough and they think they might have been scammed because of that, we have all sorts of problems we are opening up for ourselves.

The user was banned for other reasons... which certainly makes things a lot easier for us.

Either way, my best suggestion for everyone is to never buy ANYTHING from anyone they don't know on the Internet without using an escrow service. Someone can't really expect us to try and protect them when they are unwilling to protect themselves to begin with.

15. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    He's a scammer and not going to pay $25 for that. Also s/he/it has different iTrader now. The guy/girl/neuter is a moron.

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  16. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, and it is sad I got scammed by a moron, LOL :)

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  17. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I hope it wasn't by much.

Wishing you better luck with your future deals, mate.

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  18. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification Shawn, I understand your point, that's probably why we need to check IPs and so on, if all the posts I posted above were from people who live in the same city or within a short time span, say like 3 days, it is very likely that it is a few friends trying to post together, but in this case, the feedbacks/comments were clearly left by people spanning over a year (and you can probably check the IPs of the people posted in those posts and I doubt they are in the same city as me). I guess a lot of times it is really just common sense, after all we are all guys and who doesn't like doing some fun detective work once a while? :)

I am glad that DP took swift action in this case and I appreciate you taking your time explaining the situation as well. It is good to know that at least DP cares and wants to deal with scamers like this.

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  19. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    It actually sucked for me because I worked pretty long hours that day, got home tired and that's why I did not bother to do a search before buying, and then all my hard-earned money went to the hands of this dude.

zhuanyi, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  20. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Tired buys are bad. I made a tired buy earlier (on 12 hours night shift), some expensive flowers for my gf. A stupid, tired, happy moment. Could have spent the money on something for me instead. :D

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2012 IP