1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mozilla Firefox is the way forward

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bhutz, Aug 24, 2004.

I have been using Mozilla Firefox for a few months now and I absolutely love it!
    I wish Google would make a toolbar which adds the pagerank toolbar to Firefox so I could totally get rid of IE.
    I used to use Opera which was pretty good mainly because I liked the integration with mail which was so handy.

What do you guys use and have you even tried Firefox?

bhutz, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  2. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I love FireFox too!
    http://pagerankstatus.mozdev.org/
    Now get rid of that IE!
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :eek:

Also a search for firefox gives this thread... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2180&highlight=firefox

So Shawn, whats the percentage of Mozilla users on this forum now? Has it gone up lately? Seems like more and more people are using or at least trying firefox.

Such Great Heights, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  3. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, I think they must have updated this add-on since the last time I used it...happy days!

bhutz, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  4. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    Once you go with Firefox, you won't go back. Of course there are always those sites that are not standards compliant and only work properly in IE. I generally boycott those sites for that reason.

Joel Naten, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  5. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wish they'd fix the memory leak in firefox. I close it and restart it every now and then to free up the memory that firefox greedily consumes.

mopacfan, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  6. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, didn't know that...I have noticed comp sometimes slows down for no reason. Also sometimes catch two firefox.exe processes running in the CTRL+ALT+DEL task manager...I guess that is pretty naughty!

bhutz, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  7. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The major problem that I have had with Mozilla is it's inability to handle multiple tabbed browsing. I mean, I know it is an option, but to any user of MYIE2, it just does not suffice. I prefer it in many aspects, but until they get the tabbed browsing in order, I will continue to use MYIE2 and the IE engine.

NewComputer, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  8. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try Opera then. It has multiple tabs AND multiple windows. Firefox is kinda lame. I use it when I have to but it has "developed by Open source geeks" written all over it. Clunky, inelegant design. And ugly too

rickbender1940, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  9. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    "The major problem that I have had with Mozilla is it's inability to handle multiple tabbed browsing."

Hmmm? I am using Firefox, and by no means the latest, and dealing with this forum as one of, at the moment, four open tabs.

Are we talking about the same product? Firefox?

Owlcroft, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I hate it how you can not select part of the URL (to get rid of) when the complete URL is already highlighted. Turned out I use that a lot in IE but it pisses me off in Firefox it can not be done. Have to unselect it first...

Yes it is ugly too IMO.

But yes it works just fine furthermore. Firing up takes ages though! The IE import hung first time too but once all done proves very handy indeed.

T0PS3O, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  11. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    Its case of different strokes for different folkes ... for me personally .... Firefox over IE anyday.

hhhmmm ... Shawn ... if its not too much of a hassle ... what are the browser stats for the forum and the mainsite.

I have a feeling more ppl use Mozzilla on the forum then on the mainsite.

payoutwindow, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  12. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Owl, let me elaborate. With MYIE2, I set when I want a new tab to open (eg. links in a page, search bar searches, favorites, address bar etc...), with Firefox, I have only noticed it to be either by middle clicking a link or right clicking and telling it to open a new tab.

I like FF, but that is a major option for my and because MYIE2 handles it the best, I will stick with it for now. I have heard there are plugins for the tabbed browsing feature of FF, but I have yet to check them out.

If anyone here still uses IE, I suggest trying MYIE2, but not the Maxthon version, get the older one. It is great.

NewComputer, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  13. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    NC, you should check out the mods that are available for Firefox. I've installed the tab preference mod that allows me to do exactly what you just described. It's called "Tabbrowser Preferences". :)

mopacfan, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Have to say though, FF's tabbed page source viewing makes life a lot easier!

T0PS3O, Aug 25, 2004 IP