1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback on JQuery Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by whyteboi_, Aug 24, 2012.

Just looking for a little feedback on a website I created. JQuery / CSS3 was used in an attempt to create an interesting / different display of a portfolio.

www.lessthan3.ca

Thanks

whyteboi_, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  2. mbelmont

mbelmont Peon

Best Answers:
    Works well, looks pretty good aesthetically.

I wasn't sure what the buttons at the bottom of the website actually did until I spent quite a while clicking them and navigating the website... might want to make their function a bit more clear.

Assuming your goal is to "wow" potential clients with your ability to use jQuery & CSS3 in a meaningful way, mission accomplished. That said, from a usability and navigability perspective, it's not the most logical / well-structured website I've ever visited. Also not sure about the kerning of the nav menu font (letters too close together) and I'm not fond of the square boxes on menu mouse hover... surely there's some other mouseover effect that looks a bit more modern?

Anyway, don't wanna sound too critical, definitely a funky & unique portfolio site that's still usable. Lightbox works nicely. :)

mbelmont, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  3. ikoolo

ikoolo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's not great on the usability side, as there's a lot of movement going on.
    Maybe for a clients site this would "wow" clients as mbelmont said, but it's not as functional as it could be :)
    Still looks great though!

ikoolo, Aug 26, 2012 IP