1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BBB Close Complaints Simply Because the Company Refuse to Respond

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by hardjoko, Jun 19, 2012.

The BBB does indeed process complaints from other Countries. In fact, we processed your complaint under complaint --------. However, PayPal has responded it is their policy not to respond to consumer in other Countries because they have no legal jurisdiction.

If you disagree with PayPal’s policy, you will need to contact the legal authority in your Country. My apologies, but there is nothing more the BBB of Silicon Valley, California, can do for you in this instance.

Sincerely,

Verna Alberti | Consumer Services

Tel: 408-278-7416
    Fax: 408-278-7444
    Email:
    www.bbb.org | Start With Trust

BBB | San Jose
    1112 South Bascom
    San Jose, CA 95128

Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:20 PM
    To: 'Verna Alberti'
    Subject: RE: BBB / PayPal 16080915

Let me try to understand. Customers outside US cannot complaint to BBB about behavior of US businesses?

hardjoko, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BBB can not do anything for you anyway...
    in my opinion, they are nothing more then a complaint board....

What did you think BBB was going to do?

dscurlock, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  3. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BBB is worthless.. Their main goal is to sell memberships they take complaints just so they can say the have "ratings A+ A-". But they could care less about your complaint they only care about the annual free from their members.

A few weeks ago I was looking at their reviews on google for Denver they had one star and pages of bad complaints. A company selling ratings that has 1star and all bad reviews ? lol Their business model is outdated and worthless in the day and age of the internet I see less and less places with their stickers and logos.

averyz, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  4. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    When people look A+ rating they expect the company to at least respond reasonably to complaint.

Here, paypal simply refuse to complaint.

So common sense is they should lower the rating. This will give incentive for paypal to reasonably respond to all complaints. Not having a legal jurisdiction in a country is not a reasonable excuse. There are tons of american businesses with no legal juridiction anywhere else beside US.

People in indonesia choose to be their customers too and those businesses choose to accept them as customers. Now imagine if you're an indonesian, you see, a ha, this company has AAA rating and you buy, and you got burned? Then you realized latter that those businesses do not have to respond to you to maintain their A+ rating?

hardjoko, Jun 23, 2012 IP