1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find what color was used

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by kyferez, Jun 12, 2012.

Some time ago I made website buttons in photoshop and rasterized the image. I now need to redo the text on top of one of the buttons, but I can't find out which exact color was used. It was rasterized and saved as a JPEG. I can't figure out how tell what color the text was written in.

When I use the dropper to select the color, it never matches the original; there's several colors in the rasterized image and none I pick are the right ones. I'd hate to have to redo all the buttons instead of just one, which is what I'll have to do if I don't figure out which color I used.

kyferez, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  2. Katastrophic

Katastrophic Peon

Best Answers:
    Using the dropper is a pretty good choice I don't know why it didn't work. Usually what I do is zoom in as much as I can and then use the dropper. Colors blend so different pixels have few number/shade differences.

Katastrophic, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  3. kyferez

kyferez Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe color blending is the problem; Maybe I'm not finding the the proper old color so the blending that occurs as I save them as a jpg is a little different so they blend different. Does that sound plausible?

kyferez, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  4. logoninjas

logoninjas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Your dropper technique will only generally work if you select the right color pixel. Zoom right in to the pixel level and try dropping the centerpoint of an individual character. If you want a quality job, just create a new button template and remake your old buttons. That way, they'll all be uniform. Just be sure to save a .psd version to save you the trouble next time.

Good luck!

Amy. ;)

logoninjas, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  5. EmmaBrown

EmmaBrown Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to have an old look for your pictures, you can put a filter on it (for example a Yellow one) and play with the density of the colour to create the wanted effect.

EmmaBrown, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  6. konohaboy

konohaboy Member

Best Answers:
    You can use eyedropper software, try it..

konohaboy, Jun 21, 2015 IP