1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin Update Petition

Discussion in 'Google' started by stubsy, Apr 30, 2012.

stubsy, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  2. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally I think something is wrong with Google as a company and it’s beginning to show since last year. Just shows how easy it is to overtake them in the near future. Bring it on successors!

higherluv, Apr 30, 2012 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  3. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    @higherluv I completely agree.
    Any monopoly is bad.
    Roll on the day when there are 5 or more companies each with less than 25% market share - then we'll get some real competition in the search engine marketplace.

seafrontsteve, May 1, 2012 IP
  4. ron.ray

ron.ray Peon

Best Answers:
    I really doubt that something like this can help. every time a site loses it's ranking other sites wins...

ron.ray, May 1, 2012 IP
  5. Michelle Tanaka

Michelle Tanaka Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt google is going to publish their trade secret.

That is just a decoy. Ignore it.

Michelle Tanaka, May 1, 2012 IP
  6. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    tips to be safe from google penguin update

1. Avoid hidden text or hidden links.

2. Don’t use cloaking or sneaky redirects.

3. Don’t send automated queries to Google.

4. Don’t stuff pages with irrelevant keywords.

5. Don’t create multiple pages, sub domains, or domains with substantially same content.

6. Don’t create pages with malicious or spam behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, Trojans, or other badware.

7. Avoid “doorway” pages created just for search engines, or other “cookie cutter” approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.

8. If your site participates in an affiliate program, make sure that your site adds value. Provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.

yester123, May 1, 2012 IP
    shhassannaseer likes this.
  7. traffic-masters

traffic-masters Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont bother with the submit unless you are 100% whitehat with no dodgy link sharing, blog spam and no keyword stuffing

traffic-masters, May 1, 2012 IP
  8. Latoya P

Latoya P Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't submit.

It will kill your site.

Latoya P, May 1, 2012 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why do people cry every time there is a Google update? If your site's ranking have dropped, there's usually a valid reason and one that can be rectified. Sometimes sites drop due to bad work done previously by an SEO (the site owner might not even realise, if SEO is not their area), implemented some bad advice, etc. That sucks, but the rank drops due to the webspam update are simple to correct. Each Google update makes it more necessary to have quality on and off-site SEO and content. How is that a bad thing, really?

ryan_uk, May 1, 2012 IP
    Alex210 likes this.
  10. pascal020

pascal020 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maby time for webmasters to focus more on bing and yahoo and get dictator G on his knees with these anoying updates. Goolge is a dead monkey without us webmasters! Of course people want quality, but wtf, do you reallty think you can prevent scammers in the future? Yeah of course, with a future update.. paid submission. Non of my sites are really affected, but i Hate monopoly, time for changes..

pascal020, May 1, 2012 IP
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    So you would be happier in Google didn't do anything to try to have better search results and they just got filled with rubbish? People would also leave them, but it wouldn't be the webmasters crying on forums but instead the actual people doing the searches just changing without such words. Every search engine needs to keep up with spammers, black hat, etc, to keep their search results clean so that people can find relevant content. How is that wrong...?

ryan_uk, May 1, 2012 IP
  12. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think that petition will help us at any way, google doesnt care.

DatingExpert, May 1, 2012 IP
  13. soonar

soonar Peon

Best Answers:
    If this is a better Google, then I'm an alien.
    Look at the first position to a small town Podgora.This domain is not alive for months.
    http://www.google.cz/#hl=cs&gs_nf=1&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=podgora&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=podgora&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=716cc814a2005e72&biw=1680&bih=881

soonar, May 1, 2012 IP
  14. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I did a few searches for this. The first two (from Croatia and the UK) gave the same site for #1:

www.makarskainfo.com/podgora/
    Code (markup):
    For a US search, it was #3, but the first two pages were Wikipedia (you could say: relevant).

I also did a Czech search and this did have the page you're referring to. I guess as it's .cz and influenced by local search. I didn't visit #2. #3 is relevant (Czech version of Croatia and UK's #1 result).

It can't be said entirely that Google hasn't listened. It's after feedback:

http://searchengineland.com/penguin-update-peck-your-site-by-mistake-googles-got-a-form-for-that-119698

ryan_uk, May 1, 2012 IP
  15. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Point taken, but I think the Penguin update has more to do than that. The way you get backlinks, how you people know about you and your site and how you promote it (even if you don’t do those 8 things) all play a role.

higherluv, May 1, 2012 IP
  16. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Signing a petition like that in my mind is a total waste of time they are not going to take any notice anyway,i also see its doing some good these updates to clear all the sites that dont make the grade.

Out of interest after the petition is finished or what ever is done with it,what happens to the information that people have provided as that could make a valuable data base of information for possible future marketing.

Mega B, May 1, 2012 IP
  17. PPC4EVER

PPC4EVER Peon

Best Answers:
    As well as we have the power to change TV channels when we don´t like what we see, We also have the power to use other Search Engines. Let´s not contribute to google´s monopoly. Let´s start using Bing, Yahoo, etc. We have the power. Not Google. Spread the word.

PPC4EVER, May 1, 2012 IP
  18. soonar

soonar Peon

Best Answers:
    What concerned me is that this update has nothing to do with the content,keywords,links etc.
    Somehow I feel that this update has to do with the data from Google Analytics- bounce rate and average time on website.
    Is there someone on the forum, which is affected by the last update, and did not install Google Analytics?

soonar, May 1, 2012 IP
  19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That has nothing to do with Penguin. That's old school rule of thumb. Perhaps you should keep reading about Penguin....
    -----------------------------------
    To everybody else, as mentioned above, we as webmaster are going to have to stand up to Google. I personally haven't been affected by this but with everything else Google tries to CONTROL, we are eventually going to have to ban together and fight Google. They are too strong and too powerful so much that they can control all of us and the internet. I really wish Facebook and Bing would team up, more than they already have.

indyonline, May 1, 2012 IP
    Alex210 and imranamen6 like this.
  20. gordano

gordano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sites with no GA are also affected. However the bounce rate and time one site may still be factors as they do help measure effectiveness of search results, but removing GA from your site will make little difference - IMO.

gordano, May 1, 2012 IP