1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earning 100 dollars a day or more from affiliate programs(actual guide inside)

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by 1EightT, Feb 16, 2007.

I keep receiving questions from people in other threads asking for details about my affiliate marketing strategy. Here I decided to lay out the basics.

Part of it is selecting the right advertiser. The high dollar items are the ones most people go after, but in reality those aren't always the best. Typically high dollar items have higher competition and thus result in poor conversions if you can even drive traffic to them. Think of these like the high paying keywords in adsense.

Take a minute and think of affiliate marketing the same way you think of search engine optimization. In SEO we have learned that going for long tail keywords often ends with us getting higher rankings and more overall traffic. The competition is less fierce for these keywords.

Affiliate programs are the same way. Go through the advertiser list and with each product ask yourself, "would someone buy this online"? It sounds simple, but that's one of the first mistakes people make. They don't select a product that will ever sell well online.

Next is getting traffic to the affiliate. There are numerous methods that work. First and most common is placing banner ads or affiliate links on an already existing domain. This usually has low conversion rates and ends with the webmaster getting away from affiliate programs completely.

Next would be the creation of landing pages. Landing pages are tailored specifically toward the product you are trying to sell. They funnel you down and make you want to click the link and buy the product at the end. These typically have much higher conversion rates, but the question often becomes, "How do I get traffic to my landing pages"?

That has a couple answers. Most will invest in PPC or pay per click campaigns. This can work quite well depending on the product, or it can end with you losing money. It's risky to say the least.

The second, and method I actually use is to build cloaked domains on throw away domains that drive traffic to the landing pages or straight to the affiliate while showing lots of rich content to the search engines. Unlike ppc, this is very inexpensive, plus it gives me the flexibility to redirect my traffic anywhere I want. Most affiliate programs have no problem with you driving traffic straight to their own sales pages or landing pages. If they do have a specific rule against it you can always redirect the traffic straight to your own landing page, and then to the affiliates sales page.

Here is an example of building cloaked pages for cj.com http://www.simplifiedsec.com/cj_scraper/cj_scraper.php

There you have the basics. Now you don't need to buy that shiny new e-book you had your eye on all week ;). Seriously though, ask some questions :)

1EightT, Feb 16, 2007 IP
    GTech and Pat Gael like this.
  2. arnoldcr

arnoldcr Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for your videotutorial it is useful

arnoldcr, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  3. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Quite a few people were asking about the specifics of cloaking so I figured a visual example would be best.

1EightT, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  4. Makaveli2007

Makaveli2007 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a question for you and I know you're gonna hate answering it lol. What are typical conversion rates for landing pages? I know it differs A LOT, but let me give you an example. Im just wondering how much of a number's game it is...

Say you have a useful product - an e-book for example - for the targeted audience..something that lives up to the 'would someone want to buy it (technically)?' rule. Umm....say its a site about basketball, which gives a lot of useful advice on dribbling, shooting, blablabla. Enough to keep people coming back (I know most ppl usually dont buy the first time they get to your site). Now you put just one e-book (dont wanna confuse anybody) with enticing copy on your site...or well landing page..or every page of the site. Say it's 20$ or maybe 10$...

What would be an 'average conversion rate' for that product, if you get traffic that's searching for information on 'how to play basketball' or 'basketball dribbling' or 'basketball shooting'? By average I mean...anything that you would consider not bad for that product and not great either conversion-wise ;-) just to get an idea....

Makaveli2007, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  5. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I have no problem answering that. Looking over my cj stats I am averaging an EPC of about 8.00, so overall for the three months I am earning 8.00 per click which isn't bad considering I go straight to the affiliates landing pages. The traffic is pretty well targeted. On an average day I will see between 2,000 and 3,000 clicks. Now this is across 30 or 40 affiliates and over 100 domains so it's going to vary widely. My higher converting niches have an epc of 60-70 dollars per click, but these are usually somewhat higher $$ items.

It's a really tough question when you sit down and write it out simply because there are so many factors. Getting targeted traffic is one of the biggest variables of course.

Looking over it though it's far better paying on an epc basis than say adsense for example.

1EightT, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  6. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you checked with CJ to see if driving traffic this way complies with the TOS?

SonicReducer, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  7. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I've done this for almost 3 years with cj. I would have heard something by now. I've even been reported before and they didn't say anything.

1EightT, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  8. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Have you tried sub-domains? Like one domain and then a sub-domain for each site?

In CJ, CPM is actually per 100 clicks. EPC $8.00 would be eight cents a click, or $8.00 per 100 clicks.

Nintendo, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  9. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    The software I use allows me to do sub domains or sub folders for the sites. Sub domains used to do much better in google because they treated each one as a unique domain. My experience now seems to indicate that this is not the case any longer, or at least to a lesser degree. Yahoo on the other hand still seems to treat sub domains as individual domains.

1EightT, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  10. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I just want to help people begin to think outside the box. That's where the money lies in this online marketplace.

1EightT, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What always convinces me that something works is proof of earnings...

Where's the check???

Sem-Advance, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  12. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    So how do you drive traffic to your cloaked domains? You basically tried to answer the landing pages question without giving an answer.

Icheb, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  13. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    The cloaked pages drive the traffic to the landing pages. The cloaked pages have tons of unique content. The system I use also gathers backlinks for the cloaked pages using various methods. These long tail keywords are easy to rank for so it isn't difficult.

1EightT, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  14. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:

You asked for it. Here is one of my affiliate programs so far this month. I work with over a dozen different programs.

Attached Files:

• cj.jpg
      cj.jpg
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
    1EightT, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  15. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Meaning comment spam? What else could be automated?

Icheb, Feb 17, 2007 IP
    MrX likes this.
  16. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    actually no. We use blog/ping, we send trackbacks, and have something to do some .gov and .org linking. All of that is optional though and selectable in your settings. If you chose to use it fine, but you don't have to. We leave that up to the individual.

1EightT, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  17. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    So you do trackback spam? Alright.

Icheb, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  18. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    It's an option as I said. No one has to use it if they feel uncomfortable doing so. This is just one of the many ways to get links back. The links are all targeted as they are sent out only to related places. Again, it's all optional. I'm just pointing out what can be done....

1EightT, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  19. m0tor

m0tor Banned

Best Answers:
    very interesting thread.. thanks for the informations

m0tor, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  20. on-on

on-on Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to admit, that's the first cool online marketing application I've seen in half a year (they don't come along very often). Nice work.

on-on, Feb 17, 2007 IP