1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords Now Allows Direct Affiliate Linking?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Minterest, Apr 16, 2012.

Hello,

I clicked on an adwords ad on Google search related to web hosting and it redirects me to an affiliate page.

So direct affiliate linking is possible on adwords?

It was not allowed by AdWords when I last checked....

- Minterest

Minterest, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  2. angelinawillium

angelinawillium Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats really good!! thanks for sharing with us.

angelinawillium, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  3. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am not sure... maybe they ban that account after a while...

Minterest, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Direct linking to affiliate sites has always been allowed. Nowhere and at no time did they say it was not allowed. This whole "Adwords does not like/allow affiliate sites/direct linking" started when someone who did not read their policies and got banned assumed it was because they were promoting an affiliate site. As long as your landing page follows those policies, you won't have any problems.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  5. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Our landing page? If we are direct linking then its not us who is creating the landing page... it belongs to advertisers and they have a privacy policy and quality landing pages...

Minterest, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    THE landing page you are linking to. It doesn't matter if it's one you created yourself or not, it must follow Adwords policies.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  7. rebirthmediagroup

rebirthmediagroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on who the advertiser is. Google doesn't treat everyone the same. If you have deep pockets, you may be able to get away that. If you don't have deep pockets, then they will suspend your account and tell you that your website is not compliant with the rules. Beware.

rebirthmediagroup, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  8. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    How deep your pockets are has nothing to do with it. Whether you spend $100 a month or $10 000, if you don't follow rules, you won't advertise with them.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  9. rebirthmediagroup

rebirthmediagroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you kidding me? All you have to do is check out the link below to one of Google's own blogs. I have been hearing a lot of chatter saying that Google Adwords doesn't allow websites that have bridge pages to affiliate websites and how arbitrage is totally prohibited. Well, in this blog post, the website that is being talked about is a clothing website that serves as a bridge page to Neiman Marcus. Not only that, but the blog also talks about how this website is allowed to use Adsense to offset their Adwords cost. If this isn't arbitrage, I don't know what is. I contacted Google Adwords and the rep told me that they absolutely do not allow bridge page websites. Well, that tells me that if you have a lot of money to spend, then you can pretty much do anything you want to. Just read their own blog post yourself:

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/01/using-google-adsense-to-complement-your.html

rebirthmediagroup, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  10. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty amazing. You know what one companies people have their own opinions to deal with whatever they are facing regardless of the rules or TOS. I also noticed some guy promoting with a direct link to product on Adwords. Check out my thread here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2464649

dess71, May 3, 2012 IP
  11. john2hot4u00

john2hot4u00 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Google has just introduced a new affiliates Adwords policy that finally ... 'Cause affiliates who link directly from Adwords to their merchant ... Search Marketing Now Allows Direct Linking · Disclosure Policy for Affiliates ...

john2hot4u00, Nov 5, 2012 IP