1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Microsoft Monopoly Is At It Again...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DSB, Feb 15, 2007.

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this one out, but good old Microsoft seems to be at it again with its monopoly control agenda...

Feedburner is of couse a popular way of promoting feeds and getting info on the amount of your feed subscribers etc., but I was astonished to see the difference between a Feedburner feed page on Firefox and on IE7.

Have a look at this feed on both browsers to see what I mean: (It's not my feed by the way)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/ProbloggerHelpingBloggersEarnMoney

IE7 doesn't allow you to subscribe any other way apart from their own way!!! :mad:

DSB, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol That definitely is crap. Is it just browser-based, or do they have a deal with feedburner or something (I'd guess not)? I can't imagine that it's in any way ok for a browser to be altering a company's site and/or services w/o their permission though, especially deliberately (definitely isn't a simple design issue). But frankly, I don't care that much. I only use IE to check designs anyway.

jhmattern, Feb 15, 2007 IP