1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and Kontera... finally allowed - for small publishers too!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jcomm, Feb 14, 2007.

As many of you know, there has been an ongoing controversy related to whether or not it was a violation of Google TOS to run Kontera ContentLinks (formerly known as AdLinks) on the same pages as AdSense.

A few weeks ago, Google cleared this up and stated that it is ok to run in-text ads alongside AdSense ads, on the same pages. They just don't want anyone running ads that look similar to AdSense ads.

That's a major hurdle as it means AdSense publishers can now run Kontera on their pages. I put it on a couple of my sites and am now earning an additional $75/day with Kontera. I've yet to implement it on some other sites.

One associate decided to try Kontera in lieu of Intellitxt and he told me his revenue nearly doubled the first day!

Now in the past, Kontera has had a high bar for publishers.... you would need to have at least 500,000 page impressions/month to participate in the Kontera program.

I've been in contact with management at Kontera and urging them to allow smaller publishers into their program. As I told them, "Google does it, why shouldn't you?"

They have finally seen the light!

They are allowing people who sign up as a "friend of Joel Comm" to apply for Kontera regardless of the number of page views you can deliver per month.

Here is their application form. No affiliate link.

http://www.kontera.com/mainform.aspx?type=1

They are providing a dedicated agent to specifically assist those who apply via this trial program.

So if you apply and they get tags to you, make sure you implement them so they will continue this. I've persuaded them that this will be good for publishers, advertisers and Kontera, so I really want it to work out for everyone.

Happy Kontera-ing ;-)

Joel

jcomm, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  2. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, sounds like a good deal. Out of curiocity, can one use Kontera with a blogger site?

trafficnotice, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  3. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are they allowing all small publishers now, or do they have to apply for that specific link your provided? I need to learn more about this Kontera. By the way, you say you now get additional $75 a day from those two sites. How much traffic are we talking about here?

qwestcommunications, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good looking out, Joel.

jackburton2006, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  5. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know more about Kontera. Is it cost per click like adsense; what's your experience from it?

qwestcommunications, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  6. Ch-Nauman

Ch-Nauman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will give it a shot seems like a good additional revenue winks

Ch-Nauman, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's like Adsense. You only get paid when someone clicks on the link. For instance, when someone puts their mouse over the link, a small pop-up window pops up, but you don't get paid for that, only if someone clicks on what pops up.

jackburton2006, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  8. rajun

rajun Peon

Best Answers:
    I was so excited but my country is not there. :(

rajun, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  9. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    I was rejected from kontera because of not having unique content. I have the stats however, to apply anyway. Sucks 4 me :/

alfredn, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  10. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to apply with one site that meets their criteria. Basically, they are looking for sites with original content. Then once you get your tags up and establish your relationship with them, they will allow you to put the tags on additional sites.

The BEST thing about this is that the Kontera clicks do NOT canabalize my AdSense clicks at ALL! My AdSense CTR remains the same, with and without Kontera.

Cool stuff, Maynard...

Joel

jcomm, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  11. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know that there are a lot of factors in determining how much someone would earn from a program, but if you don't mind I was just wondering if you might be able to give us a conservative estimate of how much someone might expect to earn from a program like Kontera for say 100,000 impressions with a conservative CTR and EPC.

I qualify in terms of traffic and my content is unique and original but Kontera does offer their service to Australians. I don't suppose anyone knows if they have any intentions off branching in the Australian market, because I'd be very interested in they were, especially when I hear that the implementation of Kontera doesn't adversely effect AdSense earnings.

Burta, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  12. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Useful information,just apply it.Hope get approved.Thank Joe

SoniCute, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  13. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used it before and it slowed down my site a lot..is the performance any better?

oseymour, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  14. ivalok

ivalok Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info, now I don't have to consider that :D

ivalok, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  15. Ch-Nauman

Ch-Nauman Active Member

Best Answers:
    For those whose country not listed or their site can't be accepted try " miva.com " they also offer inline ads like kontera and their market is huge. Looks like a good deal too:cool: :cool:

Ch-Nauman, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  16. slava75

slava75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    was anyone recently successful to join Kontera with less than 500 000 views?

slava75, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  17. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Funny.. Kontera just contacted me by email today, asking if i would join up. I'm pushing 1,000,000 pv's a month so i guess i dont count as a 'small' publisher - they must be on a campaign to signup new publishers.. I just filled out the app, so hopefully i'll be up and running soon.
    Based on their website, they share revenue 50/50 with the publisher - so there is potential for some good earnings..
    I'll report back how it works out for me..

Tearabite, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  18. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please do, I'm very keen to see what sort of revenues Kontera can provide.

Burta, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  19. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    i heard kontera sucks

i have 18,000,000 pv/month but i just got banned from adsense...would kontera be good alternative for me?

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  20. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First update:
    My Kontera account manager just called me at home to ask if i had any questions, tell me when my account would be setup, etc.. She was very nice and very helpful..
    So far so good!

Tearabite, Feb 15, 2007 IP