1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Running a test campaign with a proxy server

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by toonbon, Mar 4, 2012.

I want to do some Google AdWords testing by setting up a new test campaign that runs is some other state, say Arizona. I don't want to use my state, California, because I want queries from California, and everywhere else except Arizona, to still use the current Adwords campaign. If I can improve the results in Arizona I'll expand the campaign world-wide. But to do the work and testing, I need to be able to issue Google queries from California that look to Google like they're coming from Arizona, so Google will apply the test campaign's keywords, ads and rules and I can see how I'm doing.

It seems like I need to go through a proxy server in Arizona. Does anyone have any experience doing this sort of thing? Or is there a better way to set up a test campaign?

Thanks for any ideas..

toonbon, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  2. M8INTERNET

M8INTERNET Member

Best Answers:
    Set up a new campaign, that is the easiest way
    Select only the required areas from the map, remove any you do not want

I regularly change campaigns so they are only served to specific areas, cities, regions, countries, etc

M8INTERNET, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  3. toonbon

toonbon Banned

Best Answers:
    OK, but I still have the problem of making Google searches from California, where I live, so that Google thinks they're coming from Arizona and will, therefore, apply the campaign rules I've set up for that area.

toonbon, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  4. carrollovstone

carrollovstone Peon

Best Answers:
    that's two different issue.To setup google campaign target Arizona, you just need select the map in the adwords account, no need to use proxy.To perform search (from Arizona), you need use a Arizona proxy, then navigate to google, then do the search, that is outside adwords account.

carrollovstone, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  5. Natively

Natively Active Member

Best Answers:
    AFAIK if you want to view the search results as seen from a different state within the US - you need to buy a tool/add-on as GeoEdge etc.

But if you want to view the search results as seen from a different country you can either:

1. Add the parameter &gl=[CountryCode] to the browser's address bar after you get your local search results. For instance the following URL gives the search results of "american embassy" as if you searched from Sweden (CountryCode = SE):

http://www.google.com/search?q=amer...mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gl=se

2. You can download a free add-on like Google Global For Chrome

Natively, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  6. avinash980

avinash980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use well known proxy tool GeoEdge to solve this problem... It's convenient and provides 130+ locations. Reference link: www.geoedge.com

avinash980, Jun 1, 2014 IP