1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Forum Posting worth it?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Rensta, Feb 15, 2012.

Hi friends,

How does Forum Posting increase my backlinks? - if I sign up to a numerous amounts of forum's how can I increase my back links by just posting on a specific forum.
    - does it help if i sign up to forum's that has a similar niche to my site? if so how does it help?

How much traffic do you guys get from forum posting alone? - how do you manage all of your forums that you may be part of?

Any help would be much appreciated

thankyou

Rensta, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  2. matricresult

matricresult Peon

Best Answers:
    dear as you have a link in your signature, and under every post from you it would be shown, so this would automatically increase your backlinks

matricresult, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  3. Rensta

Rensta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hmm, then how come when i check my backlinks using backlinkwatch, not one backlinks is shown from digitalpoint? do they still count as backlinks or am i just doing the link wrong?

Rensta, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  4. cheenki

cheenki Peon

Best Answers:
    By forum posting you ease to get backlinks through your signature which is valuable. Where you post you r signature generate, this is the way you get so many backlinks.

cheenki, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  5. obaid.ahmed

obaid.ahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    forum signature is the est way to get free backlinks,
    but don't be spammy,you should obey forum rules.

obaid.ahmed, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  6. Ashley Sally

Ashley Sally Member

Best Answers:
    If posting is the genuine and have quality. It is very useful. Forum posting is very important for the increase back link of a domain.

Ashley Sally, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  7. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can vouch by seeing my own sites - they have moved up in the ranks so I'm sold on forum backlinking

bigcat1967, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  8. Chris Dietrich

Chris Dietrich Peon

Best Answers:
    If you actually create good content it is a valuable technique for traffic generation in several ways.

Chris Dietrich, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  9. sslvendor

sslvendor Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, off course forum posting is worth but only if you are doing in relevant category and as other mentioned, your thread, reply and whatever information you sharing is genuine and quality. than it will be very helpful.

sslvendor, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  10. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but be careful, because some forums have very strict guidelines for that.

edvvardbrian, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  11. Samantafox

Samantafox Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know about forum posting, but blog commenting always gives me best results. But you must create your own list (as me did) of at least 1000 auto approved blogs.

Samantafox, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  12. Rensta

Rensta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hmm ok, the only problem I find out with blog commenting is that they are never DO-FOLLOW... do you get this problem? How do you overcome this?

and can you explaing what is meant by auto approved blogs?

thankyou

Rensta, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  13. Rensta

Rensta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is really hard for me to find a relevant category for my small business... (sign making) - so i don't really know where to start. Would you say putting a backlink in my signature on this is pointless?

Rensta, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  14. blackout0826

blackout0826 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you find relevant forum - yeah sure it helps I'm in a search for finance positngs

blackout0826, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  15. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your main purpose is on link building, then forget about forum posting. However, if you are trying to get targeted traffic, make quality post/thread is worth, you are not only getting targeted traffic but also backlink + site explore to public

lifeplayer, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  16. SalAG

SalAG Peon

Best Answers:
    It will increase the back link of your domain. But of course, you should have hundreds of do follow links with high PR. It should also contain latest comments too. Unfortunately, since you'll be dealing with hundreds of links and comment on them one by one; there is no way to automate things. You have to do it manually. Forum posting is relevant in driving traffic to your site.

SalAG, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  17. iPhoneappsexpert

iPhoneappsexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its of no doubt that forum posting is helpful in achieving back links but make sure you follow the forum's guidelines and post the quality content . Do not spam !! If you follow it , it will definitely benefit you !:)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    iPhoneappsexpert, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  18. IndexedResults

IndexedResults Guest

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is a good way to increase backlinks, but also to build your profile within a community. I'd say don't sign up to numerous forums just for links as you'll end up posting for the sake of it rather than adding any value to a thread.

IndexedResults, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  19. beingonforum

beingonforum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey its really important. You can ignore it. it gives the links that are really needed for the sites SEO and promotions.

beingonforum, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  20. Alexander P.

Alexander P. Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is. Not only because in some forums you can get traffic or backlink especially when it is a do-follow, but also benefits from other members' helpful post and ideas. In some ways, I also use forums to help me understand and learn things I have not known or mastered yet as well as update myself.

Sometimes, other members ask a question that is not yet of my knowledge. And so it becomes a ground of research for me and then answers back the question once I have fully researched an explanation or possible answer to other members' queries. Those SEO benefits are more like extra benefits actually.

Alexander P., Feb 17, 2012 IP