1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is submitting to same "c" block directories useless for google SEO?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Tuning, Aug 3, 2005.

Hi Folks,

After recent discussions on directories and "c" block IPs I'm wondering is it useless to submit to directories under same "c" block IPs ?

Or is it only applicable to google ? Does submitting to these directories worth for other SEs ? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

Tuning, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  2. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's just overreacting, or just people spreading bad rummors, a few links from different sites on the same c-class ip will be ok. Now heavy interlinking, sitewides, etc from the same c-block could be a bad sign in G!

kalius, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks kalius. :)

btw, I think sometimes in future "G" will be more strict on that. We will see. ;)

Tuning, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  4. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    Then it will die. There's no way somebody can control all links pointing to their site, the best it can realistically do it's not count those links.

kalius, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  5. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True.

I was told earlier tonight that using directories is spamming. Ridiculous notion.

Google can issue whatever rules it likes, but in the end if your site is sitting at #50 for the keywords you feel are relevant, and you are offering what you believe to be a good product, and you have followed all their rules, would you be happy?

At the end of the day online businesses need to make money to survive, good business is using techniques to gain extra sales and customers. Google isn't the internets policeman, they make billions of dollars. Why shouldn't you be able to make a living on the internet too.

These people that say "don't do this google wil ban you, don't do that google will ban you" probably sit in the #100's and never make a dime. Ok, they've followed all the search engines rules but did they achieve anything by doing that?

silencer, Aug 3, 2005 IP
    .SR likes this.