1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem - Robots.txt appearing in SEPRs

Discussion in 'Google' started by jim60723, Nov 4, 2011.

Hi,

I have seen recently robots.txt for my site & one from my blog (Blogger custom domain) is appearing in SERPs (snapshots attached). I have no idea how did this happen. I have never placed the robots.txt link to any forum or other sites. Whereas I often use these free online website analysis tools like websitegrader.com/woorank.com which may checks robots file while analyzing.

I am not sure, but I hope using url removal tool in Google Webmaster Tools won't be a good idea. What I can do to fix this? Do I really need to care about this?

Thanks,
    Jim

Attached Files:

jim60723, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  2. MNewman

MNewman Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very weird and first time I see it, maybe you have somehow gotten link to it. Perhaps you can use robots.txt and block it. Anyway, don't see a way how it could harm the website.

MNewman, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  3. MNewman

MNewman Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually when I thought about it - and found it rather funny - what happens when you block robots.txt - I mean then the robots cannot go there to see what you have blocked, so does it create some sort of loop or something.
    Maybe some link partner of yours got mad that you are using robots.txt to block link exchange page and linked to your robots.txt so anyone who would exchange links with you, would see it.

MNewman, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  4. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alan Smith, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  5. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    It seems strange that the Robots.txt file is coming in the search results. Try deleting the old one and uploading again. But even if it is coming in the results, there is no need to worry.

born_star16, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  6. SerVision

SerVision Peon

Best Answers:
    Where have you placed the robots.txt file?At any rate the robots.txt file should not be showing in the search results, the browsers are intelligent enough to know that like the search engines.

SerVision, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  7. jim60723

jim60723 Member

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention I got this while doing "site:mydomain.com"

jim60723, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  8. dievca

dievca Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it is totally ok...

dievca, Dec 1, 2011 IP